No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: id request for 'dot compostion' clear vase ID = Rindskopf  (Read 2432 times)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
id request for 'dot compostion' clear vase ID = Rindskopf
« on: September 28, 2010, 07:03:17 PM »
an unusual (unbalanced?) pressed clear vase with typical older style of ground outer rim to base, which showing some reasonable wear.  Height 5"/125mm.    This 'dot compostion' - especially with the concentric circles on the base, shows up in some Finnish factories (Nuutajarvi and Riihimaaein Lasi) and is not too dissimilar to some Czechoslvakian designs.   I have looked through my books, but didn't see this particular pattern - despite the very individual looking design, so if anyone can help, I'd be very grateful (knowing me, I may well have missed it) :)     thanks   Paul S.      

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Re: id request for 'dot compostion' clear vase
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 04:30:22 PM »
have now found an id for this piece, whilst in pursuit of something else :)    Would appear to be Rindskopf from somewhere between 1920 and their bankruptcy in late 1927, and is described as a 'Sellerieglaser' (apologies as the 'a' should have two dots and I don't know how to).   Of all the shapes of Celerys I have seen this must be one of the more unusual.    However, I would appreciate a second opinion please, so if anyone has the book, it is on page 123 - row three - the size is about right at 13cms.
Ref. 'Collectable Bohemian Glass  1880 - 1940.......Robert & Deborah Truitt.   1995.

I was unable to see the piece in any of Pamela's sites, including the Master Books.      thanks for looking and any confirmation appreciated. :)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Pressed Glass 1840-1950
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 06:12:49 PM »
 :hiclp:

Paul, my copy of Rindskopf pattern book 1936 is very small and poor quality, but now, as I see your picture of the celery, would confirm :
Rindskopf 1936 page 157 # 8303 13 cms

It does not appear in earlier catalogues found so far.

avoid the dots by typing 'ae' - Sellerieglaeser, same as ö = oe and ü = ue  ;)
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.
Alfred Lichtwark (1852-1914)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2010, 06:32:28 PM »
many thanks Pamela  -  but in my ignorance I assumed that Rindskopf disappeared after the bankruptcy of 1927  -  but you are saying it is in their 1936 catalogue.    Therefore, I assume then that they continued in some guise or other - yes??
Thanks re the umlaut  -  will try to remember. :)

Offline obscurities

• Members
    • Bohemian and Czech glass
    • Gatesville, Texas
    • Kralik-Glass.com
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2010, 07:19:11 PM »
Paul, If your memory fails you, bookmark this page.....  I don't use some of them often enough to recall all of them....

http://www.alt-codes.net/

Craig

I have been told that glass is my mistress......

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Hamburg, Germany
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2010, 07:25:44 PM »
 :hi: Paul, this is how it came in PK 2004-1:

http://www.pressglas-korrespondenz.de/archiv/pdf/pk-2004-1w-03-mb-rindskopf-1936.pdf

1934? 1936?  :pb:
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.

Offline yesvil

• Members
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2010, 08:05:06 PM »

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Hamburg, Germany
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2010, 08:47:27 PM »
That small jug is Rindskopf then also, same catalogue, page 149 creamer # 8292 size 1/5 l ? (200 ml), and sugar bowl # 8291 Ø 12 cms

Thank you both for the photos!!

And I lift my hat, Mr. and Mrs. Truitt!

:sun:
Pamela

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2010, 09:18:04 PM »
Craig, wonderful information  -  many thanks, and I will try some of those out tomorrow. :)

Pamela  -  Don't have time to digest much of your link tonight  -  but was going to make a joke about something on the top of page 4, but I am trying to grow up, honestly.      However, just to say that I do notice half way down it does say ... "1927 - Bankrott".

Anyway, as usual Pamela, thanks for your help.  :)   Paul S.

Offline Mosquito

• Members
    • 中国 (China)
    • Jobling Art Glass
Re: id request for 'dot compostion' clear vase ID = Rindskopf
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2010, 08:21:23 PM »
Has anyone noticed how similar this vase is to R. Lalique's Meudon pattern? Just saw this on ebay & was sure it was the same Rindskopf vase with a fake mark added - looking closely however, the Lalique version has no dots on the base. The vases look virtually identical otherwise - I wonder which one came first?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200550577082

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand