No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Face Sculpture Scandinavian?? ID = Boda, des Erik Hoglund  (Read 2995 times)

Offline suzi99

• Members
Face Sculpture Scandinavian?? ID = Boda, des Erik Hoglund
« on: December 18, 2005, 05:56:55 AM »
Hi I picked up this paperweight or glass sculpture as it looked interesting.  I was wondering if anyone would know of it's origin at all.
[/img]

Mod: The images from this post have vanished. If you started this thread and you still have the pictures, please let the moderators know so that we can restore them. To add pictures to your posts permanently, the GMB recommends either using the 'attach' facility when posting, or using The Glass Gallery. See the GMB guide to adding pictures to your posts for more.

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Face Sculpture Scandinavian??
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2005, 12:36:45 PM »
I recognise it but cannot remember if it was Edenfalk for Skruf or Höglund or Pukeberg or Sea - in any case it is Scandinavian and a nice find.  It should be marked in tiny script on the rear- or underside

Offline suzi99

• Members
mmmm.... searching for signiature
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2005, 12:47:31 PM »
I think I need new glasses I'll take it out in the sunshine tomorow & see what I can come up with

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2005, 01:17:14 AM »
When I saw this in the Paperweight forum, my initial thought was, "Could it be by Bertil Vallien?".

Vallien makes lots of head sculptures but the form and quality of this don't seem to fit with the Vallien ones I am aware of, as shown for example at: http://www.bertilvallien.com/

As Ivo says, I would expect a small, possibly hard to find, signature - probanbly on the edge of the base or low down on the side near the base.
KevinH

Offline suzi99

• Members
Re signiature
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2005, 01:41:02 AM »
I have taken a pic which I just blew up in my computer (my pics) & perhaps that is something on the right of the photo, but I am having trouble reading & not sure if it is a signiature at all.  I've put pic below to see if you think I'm seeing things
 [/img]

Offline Bill G

• Glass Professional
  • Members
    • World Art Glass
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2005, 01:44:27 PM »
This sculpture head is by Erik Hoglund at Boda.

We had the sculpture which we bought when living in Colorado Springs.
Bill Geary

Offline suzi99

• Members
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2005, 07:36:54 PM »
Fantastic thaks so much.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand