No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: any id for trinket parts - possibly Cambridge Glass, USA?  (Read 7742 times)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
any id for trinket parts - possibly Cambridge Glass, USA?
« on: September 30, 2010, 06:40:02 PM »
the tray I bought because I thought straight lines seemed unusual, and the clear part set I grabbed a bit too hurriedly as I thought it was perhaps Krys-Tol.  Not my scene at all really, and they will go out again fairly quickly - but just before they do, anyone think they maybe of any particular interest.   I have looked through both Pamela's and Anne's pics., but don't think I saw them. :)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: any id for trinket parts
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 08:21:37 PM »
The top one is Walther and either Greta or Hubertus

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 11:20:06 PM »
I can't find ID's for any of these pieces. Christine, where did you see the top one as Walther please?
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 06:39:14 AM »
Pamela's friend's catalogues - no time to look now. I have a green one

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2010, 10:26:57 AM »
thanks for your replies.    Accompanying the clear pieces was a small (about 75mm/3" long) scalloped-edged pin tray, with 'C' in a diamond - which I understand is for Cambridge in Ohio (US) - and think they ceased in about the mid '50's.    The woman at the boot sale would not let me buy this pin tray on its own, so had to purchase all of the pieces  -  and then had the thought about 'Krys-Tol'      Did still wonder whether these clear pieces might also have been US production - but now fairly sure they aren't 'Krys-Tol'.    They have a simplicity of design unlike the usual very fussy patterns of most trinkets that I see.   But then again, as we know, they could be from anywhere. :)

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2010, 03:15:23 PM »
Christine, I'll go re-check, Ta!

Paul, my gut feeling was American, very Chippendale / Krys-Tol in style - I'll go rummage and see what I can find but it'll be a couple of days before I can - have a busy weekend ahead here.
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2010, 03:25:02 PM »
Anne - yes, agree they do have a rather Chipendale 'ish look.   No hurry whatsoever :) as a MAN, I don't really 'do' trinkets sets (bit like 'swans' - they seem girlie ;))  -  just that occasionally I pick one up if it looks unusual.   I do of course have the 'Krys-Tol' book, so I will go back and have another look.   Thanks for your help as always, have a good weekend and hear from you next week perhaps.

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Pressed Glass 1840-1950
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2010, 07:31:01 PM »
 :hi: Paul,

Christine's right, here is Greta: http://www.glas-musterbuch.de/Walther-1933.34+B6YmFja1BJRD0zNCZwcm9kdWN0SUQ9MTM0MyZwaWRfcHJvZHVjdD0zNCZkZXRhaWw9.0.html

If it really has to go, can I please purchase it for my collection?  :rah:

Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.
Alfred Lichtwark (1852-1914)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2010, 07:57:52 PM »
thanks Pamela  -  will send you an email off the board if I may - tomorrow please.   Trying to post something else desperately, so that I can then go and sit to watch tv with my OH.    She has this funny idea that I'm ignoring her by spending evenings talking to other women. ;)
Just been trawling your Master Books - re the clear part set above  -  and hadn't before realized that some of the early Brockwitz designs also had a simple sort of 'cathedral window' panelled look (with a curved top to the panel).   So guess it is possible that these clear pieces might even be Brockwitz.    Head ache now so will look again over the weekend - unless my wife demands even more of me. :phew:

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Pressed Glass 1840-1950
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2010, 09:10:47 PM »
Paul, the clear items could well also be a marriage - this pattern is global, who can tell ?  :-\

German only:
Walther: Rheingold and Roland
Streit: New York
Brockwitz: Chicago
Adlerhütten: # 9016
Bernsdorf: Ilse and Schlesien

Your tray is 'more even-sided' octagonal than any other I've seen and the star in the base is different from those in the boxes...

Same as 'wickerwork' patterns I gave up long ago to attribute these Chippendales  :pb: :pb: :pb:  :ooh:
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.
Alfred Lichtwark (1852-1914)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand