No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Could this be Libochovice?  (Read 1942 times)

Offline ellamaesdad

• Members
Could this be Libochovice?
« on: October 01, 2010, 03:54:23 PM »
Hi,I also purchased this bowl from the flea market and after some research found similar bowls by Libochovice.It stands 15 centimetres tall,is 25 centimetres and is very heavy.I would like to know if it is by Libochovice and if it is the pattern number.Many thanks for looking.

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Re: Could this be Libochovice?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 04:02:57 PM »
Pic is wayyyyyy to small to see - needs to be around 700pixels on it's longest edge so we can see the thing please.
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline ellamaesdad

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 05:17:07 PM »
Sorry about that.Hope this is better.

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Pressed Glass 1840-1950
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 07:40:55 PM »
Yes, Libochovice, as Jindrich said from www.sklounion.com, this footed version is # 2287 - page 15

Beautiful, aren't they ?!  :sun:
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.
Alfred Lichtwark (1852-1914)

Offline Jindra8526

• Members
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2010, 08:36:29 PM »
Thank you Pamela, I found pattern and did not take a care more about details  :cry:.
I suppose that this pieces are pre-war design, isn't it?

Jindrich
www.webareal.cz/ceskoslovenskesklo

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Hamburg, Germany
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2010, 09:16:04 PM »
 :hi: Jindrich,
correctly attributed by you, both are in Libochovice before 1958 catalogue, this is page 15, the other page 10  :sun:
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Hamburg, Germany
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2010, 09:22:46 PM »
... and also already in (full version of pre-war) catalogue 1930-1939 - same # 2178 and # 2287

SG shows only very few pages online, I'm afraid:

http://www.pressglas-korrespondenz.de/archiv/pdf/pk-2010-1w-06-mb-libochovice-1930-1939-foto.pdf

:sm:
Pamela

Offline ellamaesdad

• Members
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2010, 12:31:00 PM »
Hi,Thanks again for your help in the identification.It is very much appreciated.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand