No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: I have my Design Lasin book!!!!  (Read 2441 times)

Offline Pat

• Members
I have my Design Lasin book!!!!
« on: December 20, 2005, 01:46:13 PM »
My great Xmas pressie arrived from Finland today. Wonderful book-even if I can't understand it!  Mt biggest problem is this example phrase:
14,5cm = 743 mk/125e. Edited this. Just cracked it. It's current value in marks and euros. However the values it gives are ridiculously low when compared to what some pieces fetch on ebay.
No retreat, No surrender.

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2005, 03:11:18 PM »
Ah, so you're now the one to approach with our Riihimäen questions...  :wink:

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2005, 03:12:32 PM »
That is because they are auction values realised in Finland where glass in in no short supply; the book starts by explaining about the value discrepancy between glass in Finland and in the rest of the world.

I suggest you go to http://www.designlasi.fi/ and print out the vocabulary and keep it in the book. It is rare to find a word or even abbreviation which is not in the vocabulary.

Offline Pat

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2005, 05:09:32 PM »
Hi Nic, You can always ask, whether I can provide the answer is another thing entirely!
No retreat, No surrender.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand