No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Minature Riihimaki green kluk kluk  (Read 2410 times)

Offline chriscooper

• Members
    • Harrogate UK
Minature Riihimaki green kluk kluk
« on: October 05, 2010, 12:44:37 PM »
Had quite a few of these in the past but this one is only 6.5" is this size less common? unfortunately minus it's stopper
Question being if I am going to find a stopper would it be green too, seen some of the coloured ones with clear stoppers, presume the stoppers for the larger ones don't fit (probably a daft question) :-[ it's definitely Riihimaki it as the label on the base. The vase pretty sure is Riihimaki/ Riihimaen too is a a pala vase.
cheers Chris

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/107067405711297858658/GreenRiihimakiPair#

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
Re: Minature Riihimaki green kluk kluk
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 01:08:37 PM »
The klukflaske is almost certainly Holmegaard production - label switcheroos are fairly easy. Would probably have had a clear glass stopper.

The vase looks German, though. 'Pala' series vases are composed of square textured sections.

Hope this helps. :)

Offline chriscooper

• Members
    • Harrogate UK
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 01:33:22 PM »
Thanks Nic, will add a picture of the base of both, bit embarrassed because the Kluk is filthy but the label does look original? the vase the base as the thick concentric circles on the base whilst bowing to your superior knowledge it does look 'right' Would the stopper obviously be smaller then? have you got one? could we do a trade?  :ac1: do you owe me one, or are we about even now ;D

Edit... added a picture of the base the concentric circles maybe not as 'crisp' as I thought they were :-[

cheers Chris

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 02:26:58 PM »
The stoppers would all be different sizes, according to the decanter's height:

I've not got any spare ones - I could actually do with a few myself!

Offline robert1960

• Members
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 07:15:16 PM »
Yes, the vase is likely German, definitely not Riihimaen

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand