No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: My new birds  (Read 2006 times)

Offline tam bam

• Members
My new birds
« on: October 06, 2010, 01:33:22 AM »
Hello all,

I recently bought some new additions to my growing collection.  These two birds are signed Franco Moretti and retain their labels.  There appears to be two layers of glass (which is very common for Franco's pieces to have layers of glass).  The first layer appears to be a light scavo and the top layer is iridescent.  It is a very nice effect especially in person.  I thought I would share them with everyone.  I am pleased to have them.  

tam bam  

http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz23/TamiPietras12/FrancoMorettiArchimedeSeguso001.jpg

Mod: Large image coverted to (resizable) link to help those of us with smaller screens.

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
Re: My new birds
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 02:03:56 AM »
 :hiclp: :hiclp: :hiclp: Very Nice to see !!!  Love them.  Thanks for sharing!!!  :kissy:

Those Birds better go into *hiding* with Thanksgiving just around the Corner...  ;) as I still need to find a *BIRD*  :24:

:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 05:23:47 AM »
Very nice! Any idea of date on these, Tami?

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 08:25:48 AM »
Those really are gorgeous!  :thud:  I'd be proud to own them.
I am not a man

Offline tam bam

• Members
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 01:05:22 PM »
Thanks so very much on the compliments.  I really am quite pleased with these birds.  There is not even a scratch on them.  For those who don't know me from the other Murano forum, I am a Franco Moretti collector.  I have 20 of his pieces.  My first piece of Murano was by him (a toucan).  He has his own uniqueness to his designs. 

@ David, I am not for certain but I think these birds were made in the 1990's or even the late 80's.  But then again I could be wrong because I go by what bits and pieces I have found on him over the years.  There really isn't much info out there on Franco.  I have even made an effort to try and find him, but with no such luck.  A lot of his work is very good and he deserves recognition in the Murano world.   

@ Rose, I will hid my birds since you are looking for one for Thanksgiving. LOL!  :D

tam bam 

Offline shineyobjects

• Members
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 08:09:05 PM »
These are sweet, can I see the base? Odd question I know but I'm learning here hehe. If I see any of his work I'll sure ro snap a picture for you :)

Offline tam bam

• Members
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 08:45:29 PM »

Certainly, Shineyobjects.  Thanks so very much. 

Offline shineyobjects

• Members
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2010, 12:49:44 AM »
Thank you. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand