Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > British & Irish Glass

Glass conference and anniversary gets good press

(1/1)

Frank:
400 years of glass in Scotland, Jennifer Cunningham reports for The Herald http://bit.ly/aPaSCw (plus 4 page illustrated spread in magazine on 2nd of October) half a minute ago via web

Edinburgh Glass conference featured on BBC news http://bbc.in/c7Hy7Z

Heaps of new material/knowledge that will be released as we get our head round things  :sc:

GMB also got a mention in Nigel's talk.

Max:
I'm so pleased it went well Frank!  That was quite a thing to manage and get right.  :hiclp: :hiclp:  Fantastic to get on the BBC website too!

Big UP to Nigel for mentioning the GMB...uh...assuming it was a positive mention?  ;)  :sm:

chopin-liszt:
 :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Very, very grateful thanks to you, Frank, and to Shiona Airlie for all of your incredibly hard work organising this truly fabulous event.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

My feet are not yet back on this planet, I'm still absorbing and remembering and reliving and savouring every single moment, all the people I met, all the friends I saw, all the amazing new things I learned about different fields as well as my own, all the new perspectives I have on all sorts of new things.

:dance:

nigel benson:
Hi All,

I meant to add to this before, but now is as good a time as any :)

The conference was a big success and thanks is due to both Frank and Shiona for their hard work in making it happen, along with, I believe, help from a few others in the background. Without their efforts this anniversary would not have been marked in any way.  

I went to The Museum of Edinburgh while I was up there, as I had heard they had a display of glass (particularly from Edinburgh Crystal) and was very pleased that I did. I have to report that there was a small group in the foyer area next to the shop, which was there to mark the 400th anniversary of Scottish glass that I doubt would have been there had it not been for conference marking this occasion. So, small, but important spin offs  :thup:

I thoroughly enjoyed the weekend and was delighted to be part of it. I learnt a lot, was able to mix and chat with a large array of folks, some with limited knowledge, some whose knowledge was huge. I was also very pleased to meet up with Bill from New Zealand again.

In addition to deligates from all over the UK, there were people from Australia, New Zealand, USA, and Canada that I met. It was a great opportunity to learn and chat about glass and I certainly managed to get answers on a few things that had been a problem for some time  :) :)

Much gratitude to Frank and Shiona  :sun: :thup: :sun:

Nigel

PS. The GMB mention was by way of an introduction to my talk which was a discussion about whether Ysart glass could be considered studio glass - a topic that originated on the GMB  ;) :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version