No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: nice decanter ID = Holmegaard  (Read 2360 times)

Offline lyndhurst44

• Members
nice decanter ID = Holmegaard
« on: January 21, 2006, 09:35:22 PM »
Purchased a very tactile (good word that!) decanter today which I think or hope could be Scandinavian. It's a bit dark now so I cannot include a photo.
But, It's a bit like a polo mint with a round stopper and about 10" tall in a smoky grey hue, perfect condition. Cost £10. Please put me out of my misery, was I ripped off. :roll: Thanks.
Bryn (not Brian.)

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. William Hartnell

Offline lyndhurst44

• Members
nice decanter
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2006, 11:14:25 PM »
Yes, that's the one. Identical. Very nice. I was hoping it might have been Holmegaard: :D Many Thanks.  I wonder who designed it and if it has a title like Glug Glug etc..
Cheers TC.
Bryn(not Brian)

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
nice decanter
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2006, 12:14:04 AM »
Hi.

Here's one with a Holmegaard label:

No idea who designed it - but going on style, I'd guess at Per Lutken - but don't quote me on that!

It's not a Kluk Kluk decanter, though. They have 5 pinched compartments, rather than being doughnut-shaped.

VERY good buy for £10 - the one in the photograph sold for around £40-50 on eBay not long ago! I'm green with envy.  :twisted:

Offline lyndhurst44

• Members
nice decanter
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2006, 12:14:30 PM »
Hi Nic,
That's great, I bought it from a chap who sells loads of quality glass items at local boot sales, he is always delighted at the price he gets from me so I would love to know where he gets his stock from. I bought a piece of signed labelled and dated Mdina from him for £8 last year and sold it on Ebay for an amazing £82. He told me later that he had bought a job lot of about 20 glass items at auction for £10 and it included that piece and also a signed piece of Kosta Boda :evil: He won't tell me what auctions he gets them from though. :twisted: I will be asking advice on a couple of yesterday's other buy's later today either here or on the Isle of Wight site.
So must'n't grumble :)
Cheers,
Bryn

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand