No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Rosen Thal PW Heart (boxed)  (Read 1302 times)

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
Rosen Thal PW Heart (boxed)
« on: October 12, 2010, 08:35:31 PM »
 :hi: I just bought this, to go with my one vase I had.  I think it is a PW, and it is marked on the side -- along with its Velvet box.  Is this an OK purchase?

if nothing else -- just a keepsake  ;)

Thanks
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Lily of the Valley

• Members
Re: Rosen Thal PW Heart (boxed)
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 11:25:29 PM »
Hi, Rose!  Your pretty crystal heart could be a paperweight as well as a keepsake!  I have one just like yours that someone did not want and shoved my way.  It's lovely and shows very well, especially when reflecting a bit of  :sun:.  These hearts come in other colors too.  I know nothing of the history of Rosenthal, just that the company makes china and crystal vases, stemware, etc.  The heart weight I have does not look like mass-produced typical Chinese weights; it appears nicely made, so country-of-origin is also a question for me.  As far as it being a good buy, if it caught your eye and you enjoy it, then that's all that really matters.  I think you done good, Rose! :thup:

Enjoy your new treasure ...... Lily  :hi:

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 01:24:28 AM »
Rosenthal is a current and long-established company in Germany which provides for a worldwide market in home wares including gift items. Their website is http://www.int.rosenthal.de/ (you may need to select the "English" option).

Their web pages do mention paperweights but the online catalogues do not seem to show any.

Whether the Hearts are papeweights is an interesting question. They seem to be regularly available on eBay, though.
KevinH

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2010, 01:48:27 AM »
Thanks, KevH! :thup:  Rose, check under the Classic line and then look under Glass Gifts.  Your heart is there.  It says they were introduced in 2003.  There are other "little pretties" there as well!

Lily :)

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2010, 01:59:44 AM »
Thanks both Lily and KevH.     :kissy:

It would appear this is it here from that site.  Thanks Lily for doing the hunting on that site.
http://www.int.rosenthal.de/1236R5-4-69992-110002-49695/Glass_heart.htm

It can go into my china cabinet too -- it is still pretty.  I only have that other Vase by RosenThal, so now a couple things from them.  Thanks again. 

I wonder -- are all the ones on Ebay marked - as I took a peep at some, and some said nothing about being marked.....maybe something to watch for.  Mine is marked both on the Box, and on the heart.

Just thinking out loud here -- hear the wheels grinding....LOL
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

• Members
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2010, 03:35:27 AM »
Oh Rose, put your lovely heart out for everyday enjoyment!  They are hearty little things .... no pun intended. :pb:  Mine sits on a little table near a morning window so it can catch the early light and hasn't suffered any harm.  Don't shut it away in a cabinet! :thud:

As for the signature, it wouldn't surprise me if there were knockoffs.  Yours, however, is the real BANANA!!!! :hiclp:

Lily :hi:   

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand