No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Murano Glass Jewelry Authenticity  (Read 1464 times)

Offline Feline

• Members
  • Happiness
    • Netherlands
Murano Glass Jewelry Authenticity
« on: December 16, 2017, 06:12:32 PM »
Hi Friends,

I decided to open this post in order to trigger a discussion a potential guidelines. Some weeks ago I was in Amsterdam and I noticed a little shop selling very cheap glass from Murano. Now I was told that unfortunately Murano glass may be counterfeit with copies coming from outside Venice area (e.g. outside Europe).

If sculptures or vases are always signed, this is not the case for jewelry. For example, I attached a picture that I took in the shop. The picture focus is not really the best however, I have a general question: how can I check if a jewelry is truly made with Murano glass? is there a way to easily tell?     

Thanks.
Never forget more than 700 years of Italian Glass history, this is the secret!
Murano glass just for fun!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand