Author Topic: does this paperweight have a name?  (Read 291 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline mommaof4boysk

  • Members
  • **
  • Posts: 3
does this paperweight have a name?
« on: October 13, 2010, 05:38:03 PM »
I am so appreciative of boards like this that I can turn to for help!  Thanks!

I have a paperweight... not sure if it is anything worth listing on e-bay... but I thought I would ask.  It is about 3 1/4" tall and 2" in diameter.  It weighs 10 oz.  On the bottom there is a large (1 1/4" in diam.) what I would assume is a pontil mark?  It is very smooth.  Anything else you need?

How would you describe this?

Thanks so much!



Offline tropdevin

  • Members
  • **
  • Posts: 2108
  • Gender: Male
    • Paperweights
    • England
    • My Paperweights Website
Re: does this paperweight have a name?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 06:29:09 PM »

How about: 'cylindrical glass paperweight with a ball handle, and a regular array of bubbles forming the design'?  I think various makers have generated such items, and none as far as I know command a significant price - but I would certainly try it on eBay.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."  Abraham Lincoln.

The comments in this posting reflect the opinion of the author, Alan Thornton, and not that of the owners, administrators or moderators of this board. Comments are copyright Alan Thornton.


This Website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand