No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: what am i ? ID = Galliano Ferro  (Read 1603 times)

Offline kazleeb

• Members
what am i ? ID = Galliano Ferro
« on: October 15, 2010, 12:34:59 PM »
hi,this is green amber and clear its just over 11inch tall smooth polished bottom,have seen one on ebay in red with a dodgy description whitefriars ruby red and clear glass mon fleur vase! item no 360305509147 i watched it just to see what it went for it actually sold for £26,would like to know what it really is, before lee makes me get rid of this too!thanks kaz

Offline vidrioguapo

• Members
    • England
Re: what am i ?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 12:58:49 PM »
Definitely not Whitefriars, and that seller currently has something else Not Whitefriars but described as such, can't help with ID sorry.

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 01:57:52 PM »
I have one of these and I'm sure it has been on the board before as well but I can't find it at the mo.  I think I saw it years ago described as Murano, but I never investigated further - I use mine for flowers and it's impossible to clean out so it won't be sold  ;D
m

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2010, 05:16:21 PM »
????  Not sure - but (might) it be Murano (guessing)

Not sure as yours has like only 2 lobes on the side, the one that I have has like 3 lobes on the outside
http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,33639.0.html

so might be , might not -- someone that knows more that we will surely help, and guide you.  Mine is merely a suggestion of similarity (maybe) ???
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline obscurities

• Members
    • Bohemian and Czech glass
    • Gatesville, Texas
    • Kralik-Glass.com
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2010, 03:33:28 AM »
Hi, Try looking at this post... I only collect them in Vaseline and orange/red..... but I think it is the same item in different colors.....  found with 2, 3 and 4 fins (lobes) and slightly different internal forms  and fins... made by Galliano Ferro....

http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,36377.0.html

Craig

edit in: I added a quick pic of one of mine with a label.... and I think the ebay reference is likely also a GF piece.
I have been told that glass is my mistress......

Offline kazleeb

• Members
Re: what am i ? ID = Galliano Ferro
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2010, 08:08:18 AM »
thanyou all,Lee carnt make me get rid of it now!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand