Author Topic: old, heavy, weigthing,rare? old england? what does it represent? papeweight?  (Read 400 times)

Offline casalibre

• Members
it looks like england,
arculus?

Offline keith

• Members
Richardsons? are those clear prunts on the stem,is there something missing from the top? :huh: :huh: puzzle,puzzle?

Offline tropdevin

• Members
    • Paperweights
    • England
    • My Paperweights Website

Hi. It is Old English, but I am fairly sure it is a Richardson item from the canes.

The shape suggests to me that it is an oil lamp base: I have seen a few similar pieces, usually with a brass oil burner mechanism, and a glass shade - although it is hard to know if the shade was original as they were easily broken.

Alan
Alan
The comments in this posting reflect the opinion of the author, Alan Thornton, and not that of the owners, administrators or moderators of this board. Comments are copyright Alan Thornton. Please feel free to contact me direct if you do not agree with my comments and do not wish to make your concerns known by posting in this thread.
 http://www.pwts.co.uk

Offline casalibre

• Members
Yes Keith: one of the clear prunts on the stem seemed to be missing, but there are really no signs that there were one more before!

Yes Alan: I believe you are right , because the prunt on the top of the item has many traces of using, maybe for setting the oilcontainer with  the brassburner upon.

Many thanks
Casalibre

Search
eBay.com
eBay.co.uk

Enter key words
Link to Glass Encyclopedia
Link to Glass Museum
Enter
key words
to search
Amazon.com