No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: peloton pics  (Read 3079 times)

Offline heartofglass

• Members
peloton pics
« on: December 23, 2005, 09:32:45 AM »

I thought I might as well start a new thread on peloton glass since I have worked out how to post photos-& it is also appropriate as peloton is threaded glass! I have spent hours of fun working out how to do it! :lol:
Hope you all enjoy the pics, as this is not the kind of glass you will see every day. I will post more soon, & hopefully it won't take me so long to do it next time! :lol:
Enjoy!
Marinka.
Marinka.
More glass than class!

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline heartofglass

• Members
peloton pics
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2005, 12:06:17 PM »

Here are some more photos of my peloton glass(this photo posting thing could get addictive! :lol: )
I will post pics of the ones I have on layaway soon too-they are to die for (either that, or spend large sums of money on, & many months waiting for :( )
Hope you all enjoy them, & I'd love to hear from any other peloton tragics or Victorian art glass mavens out there!
Marinka.
Marinka.
More glass than class!

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline heartofglass

• Members
peloton pics
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2005, 12:52:48 PM »
Now I'm on a roll with this photo thing! It's fun & has captured my obsessive-compulsive nature completely! :D
Here are 3 of the lovely peloton items I have on layaway. It will be a while before I get them, but definitely worth the wait.
The j.i.p vase is incredible- it is 13 inches tall.

Marinka.
Marinka.
More glass than class!

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
peloton pics
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2005, 10:21:47 PM »
Thanks for the pics Marinka.  I really must look into this Peloton glass.  Presently I wouldn't know a piece if it fell on my head!  :roll:   I did like your jack in the pulpit...I can't resist BIG glass!  xx
I am not a man

Offline heartofglass

• Members
peloton pics
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2005, 02:57:38 AM »
Glad you enjoyed the pics, Max.Here is another one of a basket I'm getting.Peloton is very rare Victorian art glass. It was first patented by Wilhelm Kralik in 1880 (on the 25th of November,to be ultra-specific!).
The technique involves applying short, random threads to a glass item, typically done by rolling the item in these threads on the marver, then finishing the item by further blowing/shaping. The threads stand out creating a texture, although sometimes the surface is smooth. Items may have a satin finish,also.
Typical pieces are vases, rose bowls, & baskets. Even rarer pieces include silver plate fittings. A peloton fairy lamp would be the ultimate find for me!
I actually bought my first piece of peloton without even knowing what it was- (the tubular vase with arms) at a shop that was closing down.
It was a few months later, when I first read Cyril Manley's book "Decorative Victorian Glass", where I first saw a picture of peloton glass & was able to identify my vase.
Marinka.
More glass than class!

Offline heartofglass

• Members
peloton pics
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2005, 05:03:24 AM »
This cute vase is not yet in my collection, but will be in the near(ish) future.
My personal peloton dealer emailed me this pic only yesterday.

Hope you enjoy this pic, & the detail should be much better. I don't know the size of the vase yet, I'd guess about 15 cm tall?
All the best,
Marinka.
Marinka.
More glass than class!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand