No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: id request for knobbly ashtray - ID = Pavel Hlava, 1968, Crystalex, Cz  (Read 4159 times)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Initially, I did think that the knobbleness was just random, but in fact it does have a very distinct repeating pattern.    Cased thickly in clear, and with a very good quality ground/polished concave pontil.    About 120mm wide and 70mm tall.   A friend has suggested that it is Czechoslovakian, although I did wonder at first if it was something like Liskeard.   Hope someone can help please, and thanks for looking. :)

Offline Jindra8526

• Members
Re: id request for knobbly ashtray
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 02:36:37 PM »
Of course, Czechoslovakian
Pavel Hlava, 1968, Crystalex

Warning:never trust attribution at eBay!

Jindrich
www.webareal.cz/ceskoslovenskesklo

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 03:20:57 PM »
ahhh  -  so my friend's intuition was correct then. :)     Sincere thanks to all of you  -  especially Jindrich.   John - whenever I remotely see 'green' my torch comes out immediately, and I would never post a piece of green without letting you know whether it glowed or not. ;)   Nice piece  -  the repeating pattern reminds me of gingerbread men holding hands and dancing round the piece  -  how sad is that :wsh:

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 03:55:55 PM »
Of course, Czechoslovakian
Pavel Hlava, 1968, Crystalex

:hb1: 

You learn something new every day...  Now I'll know.  :)

Offline Jindra8526

• Members
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2010, 03:57:17 PM »
Here is picture from Pavel Hlava exhibition in Brno this summer. I would not expect that it will be uranium glass.

Jindrich
www.webareal.cz/ceskoslovenskesklo

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand