No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: possible better than usual Murano.  (Read 1798 times)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
possible better than usual Murano.
« on: October 21, 2010, 09:31:34 PM »
Probably not I suspect, but the intricacy of the internal colour work appears to make it look to have been made with greater skill.   Unlike most of the pieces I see this does have a ground/polished pontil mark.   Anyone think it is a little better quality than usual - or is it just run of the mill.?     Thanks for looking. :)

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
Re: possible better than usual Murano.
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 01:21:45 AM »
Paul:

It looks like a very nice piece of glass to me. How the colour is handled is quite modernist (reminds me Cenedese), but the form is more traditional. How much wear on the base? I ask because I wonder if it is a relatively new piece.

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Re: possible better than usual Murano.
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 08:45:42 AM »
thanks David  -  sorry, at work now so can't look.   It was just that I see quite a lot of these touristy figurine/animal type pieces, and to-date that have all had a solid pedestal/base, without the ground out pontil mark such as this one.   Also, the Sommerso style within this fish does look a little more intricate than usual.   I will look again this evening at the base for wear. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand