No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Help please perthshire paperweight????  (Read 1165 times)

Offline max1970

• Members
Help please perthshire paperweight????
« on: October 25, 2010, 11:47:36 AM »
Hello i am hoping someone can help me my husband and i were left a perhshire paperweight still in the original box with certificate but after many hours on the internet we still dont know anything about it. It is in a brown leather look box with cream satin lining and the certificate with it says it a '' 1975 cushion ground weight containing six clusters of Millifiori canes set on a cushion background of various colours with a surrounding of canes. The centre cluster contains the factory signature.   ON the inside of the certificate it says ''We certify that this weight is one of a restricted issue of 400 pieces all to be made in 1975. Certificate No. 357 and is signed Stuart Drysdale i think, could anyone tell me if this is rare or even the value, we are wanting to sell it but we dont know who or where would be the best place.....hope to hear from anyone soon thanks max

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline mjr

• Members
Re: Help please perthshire paperweight????
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 05:49:51 PM »
Perthshire annual weights were given a designation letter. This is 1975C.   Perthshire limited editions always do well  and will usually go for £100- £150. Plenty of collectors look for Perthshire limited editions that they haven't already got, so ebay can be as good as anywhere, and include USA as there are collectors based there.  Suggest you watch ebay for a couple of weeks - do a "perthshire" search - and you will get an idea of what they go for
Martin

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Rocksmom

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 06:26:58 PM »
I believe there is a similar weight to yours currently being auctioned by Selman.  (a paperweight dealer, in Chicago who runs a couple of paperweight auctions per year)  Here's a link that I think will get you to the page with lot #307, a weight matching your description:    

http://www.selman.com/cgi-bin/htmlos.cgi/007225.66.5628934695097167870

Mod: Link changed. Original showed Paul Ysart weights.

Selman can be a good place to auction a paperweight, however their commission may leave you with less profit than an eBay auction when all is said & done.  

Offline mjr

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 11:10:53 AM »
The selman weight is also a 75C. The pattern should be the same. However every colour is probably different to yours
Martin

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Rocksmom

• Members
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 05:58:16 PM »
Thanks for fixing the link.  :kissy:   I edited it after I first posted, because the link got close, but was still a page off.  I'm not sure why my cut & paste didn't go directly to the exact page either time.   

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand