No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Kastrup-Holmegaard green glass decanter info please  (Read 3142 times)

Offline neskier

• Members
Kastrup-Holmegaard green glass decanter info please
« on: October 30, 2010, 12:46:13 AM »
Hi. I am new to this forum so hopefully am posting this correctly with links to pictures. Looking for info on this 6" tall emerald green decanter. Have been searching but haven't found another like it. Anyone know who the designer is, approximately when it was made? It came with a cork stopper but I think probably had a glass stopper originally. Is there a name for this type of decanter? Appreciate any help or info it.

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
Re: Kastrup-Holmegaard green glass decanter info please
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 01:52:43 AM »
'Hivert' / 'Swig Jug', designed by Hjørdis Olsson and Charlotte Rude in 1970. The cork stopper is original, and the colour is Ædelgrøn.

Offline neskier

• Members
Re: Kastrup-Holmegaard green glass decanter info please
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 02:20:24 AM »
Thank you so much for the information. I really appreciate your help.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand