No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: yasemin cut glass ltd ed. W15  (Read 5177 times)

Offline denise

• Members
yasemin cut glass ltd ed. W15
« on: December 29, 2005, 02:29:41 AM »
HI,
I was recently given a large cut/faceted glass platter sort of thing that is silvered on the back.  It is flat.  Cut edges similar to the design a pair of pinking shears might make.  A decorative circle design in the middle, but the overall shape is ovoid.
Some of the silvering is oxidized.  It is fairly large about 30" in its largest dimension and about 18" at its shortest dimension.
It has an engraved gold tag on the back, which says, I believe,  Yasemin Cut Glass, Ltd Ed. w15.  I was told it is Russian.
I know nothing about glass.
Can anyone help?
Thanks,
Denise

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
yasemin cut glass ltd ed. W15
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2005, 03:41:42 AM »
Hi Denise and welcome to the board.  I did a quick Google for Yasemin Cut Glass and found some info about them. It seems they were a Turkish company, based on the Russian/Turkish border (Black Sea). There is a mention of a brochure from 1991 so not too old a company perhaps, and that they were taken over in 2002 by the Crystal Heart Corporation, of Florida, USA. They apparently did a pattern called Russian which was a copy of the earlier American brilliant cut design of the same name, and which accounted for approx. 20% of Yasemin's output.

Here's some links which may be of interest:
The  Russian Pattern
Sumerium
Crystal Heart Corporation
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum