No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Cross shaped vase ID = des'r Bodil Kjaer for Orskov made by Gullaskruf  (Read 13646 times)

Offline WhatHo!

• Members
  • Wolfie
    • Oxford UK
Hi, this is another vase which i think someone will recognise. Mould blown in an indigo colour, 11.5cm tall and has the remains of an unreadable oval label with silver foil on it, thank you, Wolfie
Something you like, mail me! :)

Offline WhatHo!

• Members
  • Wolfie
    • Oxford UK
Re: Cross shaped mould blown vase ID?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 07:36:33 PM »
Hi, the lady I bought this off said it was purchase in Denmark, so maybe Scandi? Thanks for any help, Wolfie

Offline vidrioguapo

• Members
    • England
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 09:28:24 AM »
Reminds me of the original vases made by Iittala Alvar Aalto.........maybe its a more contemporary inspiration on those.

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 05:24:57 PM »
Seen them about, no great quality, poorly finished, sorry but no idea either. :-[

John

Offline WhatHo!

• Members
  • Wolfie
    • Oxford UK
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 06:04:35 PM »
Hi, i would say it has reasonably well finished. The top has been ground flat and nicely polished then the edges are bevelled, certainly on par with mould blown Whitefriars stuff from the 70s, coffins etc (which isn't brilliant I admit!). The foil label also is similar to Scandi stuff from that period, shame there is nothing on it! There is a fair bit of natural wear to the base and for something that is quite light suggests it has been around for a bit? My feeling is that it 70s but I may be wrong. Thx for your replies.

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010, 06:46:04 PM »
You assume a lot about finish and quality. Take care, do not jump to conclusions or assumptions. There is a huge big world out there....

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2010, 06:48:57 PM »
How frustrating - I've seen these before, but can't track them down in my references. I think they're by one of the 'lesser' Danish or Swedish glassworks, although I really can't remember which one.

Offline WhatHo!

• Members
  • Wolfie
    • Oxford UK
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2011, 06:01:21 PM »
Hi, i was just wondering if anybody had any more ideas about this one?

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2011, 09:36:02 PM »
Does this look like it Wolfie....there is a label as well....Torben Ostrov....Danish Glass....have a look, it just might be.  :X:

http://www.addoway.com/viewad/Vintage-TORBEN-OSTROV-Denmark-Retro-Glass-Vase-92516
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2011, 09:57:00 PM »
These have been on here before, but can I find any in Search?  Nope!  I think they're also been on wf.com.  I can remember seeing one in tangerine before.  I'm sure I've seen one identified somewhere but not sure whether it was in a book or not.  Sorry...this isn't really adding anything. 

I am not a man

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand