No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: To Share: Chalet Glass Show - Current  (Read 7389 times)

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
To Share: Chalet Glass Show - Current
« on: November 09, 2010, 07:58:42 AM »
 :hi: there:

Thought I would pass this on to you people here of some pics from the Chalet Art Glass Show still going on in Cornwall, Ont (Canada)
http://s811.photobucket.com/albums/zz35/dlp6/

I believe there are catalogs available of Chalet Glass from the Show

;)

:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline bOBA

• Members
Re: To Share: Chalet Glass Show - Current
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 10:46:16 AM »
It looks like a very nice show, it is always lovely to see the designers and other workers of an old factory near their historic produce, it must have been a touching experience to see.

Thanks Rose,

bOBA (Robert)

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 12:29:04 AM »
Rose:  The catalogue is available. My copy arrived today. Interesting in that Chalet made a far broader range of styles than I knew about. Deborah Patterson, who was instrumental in putting the catalogue and the show together, even lists the important workers at  Chalet. They're all Italian,  trained in Murano in some of the well known firms.

I'd recommend the catalogue to anyone in Canada with an interest in Chalet. It's great to have something that is accurate and fairly extensive. There are no Czech pieces shown that I can see.

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 12:46:43 AM »
Rose:  The catalogue is available. My copy arrived today. Interesting in that Chalet made a far broader range of styles than I knew about. Deborah Patterson, who was instrumental in putting the catalogue and the show together, even lists the important workers at  Chalet. They're all Italian,  trained in Murano in some of the well known firms.

David

Hi David:
yes I have spoke with Deborah -- and will be getting a catalog after Xmas from her.  I too was surprised to hear about some pieces, and I have never seen a PW yet....so interesting.  Yes, they are all Italian, and trained in Murano.

"I'd recommend the catalogue to anyone in Canada with an interest in Chalet. It's great to have something that is accurate and fairly extensive. There are no Czech pieces shown that I can see."

I recommend the catalog to anyone in Canada -- or anywhere in the World -- that has an interest in Glass, and the influence Murano had on this glass here in Canada.  Always good to *grab* any resource material when a person can get it, and since there is not that much still published about Chalet -- I thought I best get one too (after the holidays, as $$$) for me here....LOL.

Anyways, a good resource for all....as some times Murano and Czech I think are confused with Chalet....as there were pieces that I have NEVER seen in my life here.....and we are in Canada. 

so yes -- worthwhile   :thup: :thup:

Offline Carolyn Preston

• Members
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 01:22:53 AM »
And how might one contact this lady? How much is the catalogue? And who is Dip6? Rose, did you manage to go see the show itself?

Carolyn

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010, 02:46:21 AM »
And how might one contact this lady? How much is the catalogue? And who is Dip6? Rose, did you manage to go see the show itself?

Carolyn

Hi:
No I did not get to the show -- just have been keeping tabs on it.  Hear it has been very successful, and had to do up a second printing of the catalog already -- as they were Sold out.  I have been in touch with the lady myself, and have requested the facts/info about the Catolog.  So much to learn....and these Glass makers came from Murano to Canada to do their Glass thing here.  Prices are going up on Chalet pretty good.   So if you find some pieces for a good price -- buy them !!

Check here:  http://www.chaletvintageartglass.com/home and you can click on the *contact* button there to ask about the Catalog, and mailing details

New (Chalet Glass Only) Forum to Join here :  http://chaletvintage.forumotion.ca/index.htm

Always good for all Glass People to know Chalets Style, and items too -- as not that much has been published about it.  So just always good as another resource for glass -- whether you collect, or just trying to ID a piece you think might be Chalet.

:thup:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand