No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Help with ID of Czech glass vase ... - ID = Skrdlovice  (Read 6173 times)

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
Re: Help with ID of Czech glass vase ...
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2010, 12:56:43 AM »
...and me here too.....LOL.               Canuck fight....

yes, I think Eatons -- and I know for sure that BIRKS sold high end glass years ago.  I even remember my parent shopping there when they were looking for a Wedding Gift.  Birks was the place to go here in Canada.

;)
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline Carolyn Preston

• Members
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2010, 01:16:23 AM »
Rob:

I believe that most of the Czech glass in Canada was sold here. I know that there was one store at least in Vancouver that sold it, and I wouldn't be surprised if Eatons and/or Birks also carried it. There was an import company, Belford, I think, that brought in a least some of it. You'll occasionally see that label on a piece, usually Chribska or Harrachov.

If you do buy some Czech in Canada, could you please wait until my collection is complete? 

Good luck.

David

When I got married (over 20 years ago) and chose bavarian crystal (lovely thistle pattern) it was through Balfour Crystal.

Carolyn

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2010, 05:35:12 AM »
Carolyn:

You're right; it was Balfour, not Belford. I trusted my memory, a risky thing to do. BTW, Birks has reentered the high end glass market and carries some very expensive Murano.

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline Jindra8526

• Members
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2010, 08:42:26 AM »
wait until my collection is complete? 

:chky: :chky: :chky:

Do you think it is ever possible David?

To challenge you - only Mr. Vizner did design about 400 in pattern books registered pieces.
Skrdlovice totaly covers about 4000 designs, than we have Harrachov, ZBS, Chribska, Mstisov, Chlum, Karlovarsko, Vrbno, Krasno, Podebrady, Svetla, Jihlava, Kvetna etc. speaking about blown glass only.

How many pieces covers Marcus in Sklo Union book (www.skolounion.com) in pressed?

you collection never will be complete, but huge can be, I am sure

Jindrich
www.webareal.cz/ceskoslovenskesklo

Offline Carolyn Preston

• Members
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2010, 02:32:42 AM »
Carolyn:

You're right; it was Balfour, not Belford. I trusted my memory, a risky thing to do. BTW, Birks has reentered the high end glass market and carries some very expensive Murano.

David

I can't remember the last time I walked into a Birks.  Must do that again some day.

Carolyn

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2010, 06:38:11 AM »
Jindrich

My wife kept asking me when was I going to stop buying glass. I had the choice of telling her two things:

One, when my collection was as big as Jindrich's, or
Two, when my collection is complete.

The second answer seemed to hold more promise.  Often vaguer seems better.

David

My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline Collectorprince

• Members
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2010, 09:34:22 AM »
Carolyn:

David

I've been to Birks a few times, and yes, they've had a few interesting pieces of Murano recently, although a bit too gaudy (and expensive) for my taste. Actually, European Jewellers in the Toronto Eaton Centre used to import a lot of Italian glass, mostly of low quality, but they had a buyer once who came up with a number of lovely pieces from the Cenedese glassworks. You really never know where interesting things will turn up!

Rob

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand