No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Stelvia black glass top hat ice bucket  (Read 3922 times)

Anonymous

Stelvia black glass top hat ice bucket
« on: November 01, 2005, 02:58:49 PM »
I have been carrying around a beautiful black glass top hat ice bucket for the better part of 23 years. I bought it new in 1982 in Adelaide, South Australia from Oswald Sealy - a shop/retail decorating store.
A few weeks ago, my two year old son  :twisted:  brought cupboard down on himself - no harm to him - but smashed my top hat.   :x
In order to get out of the depression, I wish to find another, meant for an heirloom for daughter.
Please help me.  :cry:  sandigreen@aapt.net.au

Anonymous

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2005, 02:40:24 AM »
That is a great shame

STELVIA is an Italian company based in Empoli, Florence - the first glass manufacturers seem to have set up in Empoli to make bottles (Empoli Green) towards the end of the 18th Centaury, by the start of the 19th Centaury and especially from the 1940s on companies such as STELVIA began manufacturing vases and animals, etc. many of the Empoli glass companies from that period are now closed but STELVIA seem still to be open and making glass, they may have a record of your 'Top Hat' ice bucket. I doubt they still make them but you could ask them were the best place to buy would be?

http://www.leonet.it/firms/centrovetro/stelvia.html

Failing that it's about asking around in the glass community going to antique fairs and watching on eBay

Adam

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2005, 02:42:30 AM »
Slip - Century - ahhh the wonders of late night Word XP spell check

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2005, 11:36:57 AM »
Guests please note that guest postings are no longer allowed so you will need to register to add further replies. Please do :)

Offline tagdebag

• Members
Re: Stelvia black glass top hat ice bucket
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2010, 06:38:24 AM »
hi,my name is Andy and I have a stelvia black glass top hat.I am on the gold coast,in ashmore :rn:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand