No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: venuje OV CSTV Tabora  (Read 2094 times)

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
venuje OV CSTV Tabora
« on: July 08, 2011, 10:21:37 PM »
Can anyone tell me what this was about please, Googling seems to mostly end up with sporting associations or local phone company but all in Czech  :ho:

Vase is a Jurnikl, Rudolfova 13172. Either screen printed or transfer..

Offline Jindra8526

• Members
Re: venuje OV CSTV Tabora
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 06:20:20 AM »
Well, this pattern had been often used for commomerative purposes, becous it was easy to print to flat part of vase.

There is written there:
"Donated by County Commitee (OV) of Czechoslovak Society for Sport and Physical Education (CSTV)"

Jindrich
www.cs-sklo.cz

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 09:14:47 AM »
Thanks Jindrich, I got close in my googling.

I wonder what the purpose was as if screen printed, it could have been a large number of pieces, if transfer it could have been just one or two. In the latter case perhaps as a competition prize and the first case as a general give away for fund-raising or an annual meeting of the society?

Do you know what the purpose of that Society is? Or was?

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 10:24:00 AM »
Transfer printing seems unlikely for one or two, as the transfer has to be screen printed in the first place. Single colour would make screen printing more likely.

Offline Jindra8526

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2011, 12:56:13 PM »
I suppose that it had been produced in hunderds pieces, possibly for participants of some meeting of CSTV.
Duringcommunistic dictature in Czechoslovakia was all life very organised and centralised. This CSTV was only one association that "overtaken care" about sport. All teams and clubs were officialy members of this organisation, through central comitee and county comitees had been distributed state money to sport clubs. It was in fact political organisation, through CSTV communists controlled the sport life in Czechoslovakia. This organisationj had paid mageers and directors (they were formaly voted in elections), jsut a game showing democracy.

BUT - we cannot assume that million of memnbere CSTV were comminists or had to do something with politic. They simply play football, so when they want to do it,, they had to be member of CSTV, pay a year fees and once a year take a place on some  meeteng where their "representats" were voted to county and central level of management.

As  wrote, life on Czechoslovakia was very organised, glass designers for example were organised in CSVU (Czechoslovak associton of artists and designers).

Jindrich
www.cs-sklo.cz

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2011, 02:01:46 PM »
Ah yes, the joys of committee democracy. In general it is not really that much different under capitalism just a different window dressing and folk are in most cases not obliged to join to do the activities...

Hi Christine, producing one off transfers very cheap don't need to be screen printed. Trouble with this one is I could not tell which technique was used.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand