No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Is this a swedish glass vase ID = Zelezny Brod  (Read 4989 times)

Offline retro-mental

• Members
Re: Is this a swedish glass vase
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2010, 11:25:41 AM »
Astrid this is looking more and more promising. colours right and you have 2 pieces with a similar shape. What about the sticker / does zbs use stickers ?

Thanks

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2010, 12:22:18 PM »
I don't think there is much doubt that your vase was made by Zelezny Brod.

At the bottom of this page are two of the labels that were used (there will have been others): http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/thumbnails.php?album=534&page=2

John

Offline linb

• Members
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2010, 04:25:16 PM »
I've got 3rd vase down,bought about 18 months ago but with quite a lot of age wear and came into the charity shop I work at with a Whitefriars cucumber vase and Aseda vase.That made me think it was 60's.Does anyone know how long they've been making them? TIA

Offline astrid

• Members
    • Astrid's glass collection on Picasa
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2010, 06:02:41 PM »
I agree that we can safely put this down as ZBS. According to Mark Hill in his book Hi Sklo, Low Sklo,  Klinger designed for ZBS from 1948 onwards to 1982, many of his vases were produced for decades, and that his designs are hard to date because of that. If someone happens to know whether this particular colour was introduced at a certain time, we can put the date after that, but other than that, I have no clue.

Astrid

Have a look at my collection online and see if you can set me straight on my identifications : http://picasaweb.google.nl/102861706167408125672

Offline Jindra8526

• Members
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2010, 08:17:58 AM »
Much worse Astrid, the Klinger's design had been produced also in 90ties and on beginning our century.
Recent pieces used sam logo as old ZBS but instead obf Made in Cyechoslovakia in printed Made in Czech republic - it is the sign that piece could not be manufactured before 1993.

Jindrich
www.webareal.cz/ceskoslovenskesklo

Offline astrid

• Members
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2010, 12:23:53 PM »
Yes, I assumed that they kept producing the Klinger designs after 1982 as well. Apart from the difference in label, I have the feeling that with some colours you can distinguish between the older and the newer pieces (for instance later pink pieces are more intensely coloured than early ones).

Is there any knowledge available about which designs and which colours were produced in the earlier periods, but not in the later ones?

Astrid

Have a look at my collection online and see if you can set me straight on my identifications : http://picasaweb.google.nl/102861706167408125672

Offline retro-mental

• Members
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2010, 01:49:04 PM »
Thanks for everyones help to identify this piece . Is it frowned upon to ask if there would be any interest in buying this piece ? If it is then sorry, new to this forum stuff but cheers anyway

Offline astrid

• Members
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2010, 06:27:29 PM »
There is a different forum here dedicated to buying and selling, Glass Market Place. You can link there to an auction or post it for sale.

Don't expect too much, however. There are people who'll buy ZBS, but the prices aren't particularly high because there is so much of it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand