No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Uranium Flower Trough - ID = Jobling 2619 'Long narrow Flower Holder'  (Read 1155 times)

Offline Tinker-Taylor

• Members
I thought I had seen these everywhere before I bought this one... now I can't find it anywhere.  Glows under UV.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Stuart & Emma Taylor.
(ebay ID: tinker-taylor-glass)

Offline Mosquito

• Members
    • 中国 (China)
    • Jobling Art Glass
Re: Uranium Flower Trough for ID please
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 03:36:10 PM »
This one is Jobling - it's their 2619 'Long narrow Flower Holder', shown in their 1937 trade catalogue. Flower troughs are often hard to attribute as a number of firms made similar items, however, the Jobling ones have a very distinctive profile. Also the colour & finish look spot on for Jobling. According to the catalogue it should be 12 inches in length, though it's possible they made other sizes.

Steven :)

Offline Tinker-Taylor

• Members
Re: Uranium Flower Trough for ID please
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 03:45:00 PM »
How very helpful - thank you very much.  It is indeed 12" exactly.  Sorry - I forgot to mention that aspect.

:hiclp: :hiclp:

Brill.
Stuart & Emma Taylor.
(ebay ID: tinker-taylor-glass)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand