No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: I Had To Buy This, but don't have a clue.ID = Oberglas, Austria  (Read 3532 times)

Offline Pat

• Members
I Had To Buy This, but don't have a clue.ID = Oberglas, Austria
« on: December 31, 2005, 01:25:51 PM »
Hello everyone. I'm back after Christmas. I hope you all had a good one and I wish you all a Happy and Glasserous New Year.

So I just had to have this vase and it sits well with my Finnish glass but don't have a clue about it.  It is 8.75" tall. Can anyone help?  Thanks, Pat.

http://tinypic.com/jh6jns.jpg

Mod: The images from this post have vanished. If you started this thread and you still have the pictures, please let the moderators know so that we can restore them. To add pictures to your posts permanently, the GMB recommends either using the 'attach' facility when posting, or using The Glass Gallery. See the GMB guide to adding pictures to your posts for more.
No retreat, No surrender.

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
I Had To Buy This, but don't have a clue.......
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2005, 01:49:20 PM »
Oh, I've seen several of these on eBay just recently - but none with attributions besides the usual "Rare Whitefriars - WOW!" nonsense...

Offline Pat

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2005, 02:08:19 PM »
Well yes I know 'cos I bought it off ebay knowing it was not Whitefriars but it cried out to me. It makes me so mad when people just list things as Whitefriars all the time. If you don't know what it is either research it or say you don't know.

Offline Anne E.B.

• Members
    • U.K.
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2005, 02:09:30 PM »
Hi Pat and seasonal greetings to you too :P -

This vase was covered extensively in the following link
http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,1598.0.html

I still have the two vases in question and have continued to see them described as Riihimaki.

Regards - Anne E.B. :wink:
Anne E.B

Offline Pat

• Members
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2005, 02:20:05 PM »
Thanks for that Anne. I just love my vase. Don't really care where it came from in terms of liking it but would be nice to know anyway.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand