No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: My first Vasart vase,for show.  (Read 2972 times)

Offline Gary

• Members
Re: My first Vasart vase,for show.
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2013, 02:38:20 PM »
Without the label, purely visual assessment of which "Vasart" period becomes more difficult.
 ;D
You are right there Kevin dating Vasart pieces will need a rethink on my part as I always dated Vasart  ie signed 1946-1956 and non signed 1956-1964.

Wow if that is boxed and stored, would love to see what is on display....
With limited space to display large bowls/plates it is a problem to decide what to display.

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
Re: My first Vasart vase,for show.
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2013, 01:31:48 AM »
For dating to one of those two periods, uv checks can help ... if there is enough clear glass visble to get a reasonable result.

For paperweights it is easier because of the amount of clear glass and so far, the 1956 changeover does seem to fit well, with the Vasart Ltd pieces showing blue under shortwave uv and not blue for the Ysart Brothers years (and pre-war stuff).
KevinH

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand