No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: id for possible Walsh Pompeian glass.  (Read 5139 times)

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: id for possible Walsh Pompeian glass.
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2013, 08:29:25 PM »
It's the iridescence and sludge green that put's me off Paul's. We need a pic of yours Mel

bfg

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2013, 09:08:30 PM »
hi paul

thanks for the offer re the book, much appreciated and the link to the g/fruit dish, lovely!

re: radiation levels, was  just checking out some of my glass and comparing the meerkats so to speak.

background radiation in my lounge is 11 mcR/h. the bubbly piece in question measured 16 so only a slight increase but a sowerby water glass patt no. 2481 registered 56 and a jobling jade candlestick from the 12500 dts was 163  ;D

I expect its either pseudo roman or mexican! but its an absolute doppelganger for yours.

Christine, will add a few pics, either here if Paul doesnt object to me hijacking his thread or on the main board?

cheers, Mel

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2013, 10:21:34 PM »
wow - you sound one very techno lady Mel...........I just look at the stuff ;D              No objection at all if you want to add something of a similar nature to this thread, and look forward to seeing pix. :)

bfg

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2013, 11:25:46 PM »
haha no, not techno - cant even master the pic resizing here, just curious by nature  ;)

pics to follow, thanks Paul

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2013, 12:44:22 AM »
 ::),did say I'm no expert,it still looks ok to me re the pictures in the book,where's Bernard when we need him,although Christine does tend to be right and as for me well ::) ;D ;D ;D

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2013, 01:13:05 AM »
It doesn't look right to me because the colour is not the same as the green in the book, I can't find a shape match and that little ridged bulbous bit between the foot and the bowl I can't find on any of the pieces pictured in colour in the book either.
Also that shape, and the ridged bulbous bit remind me of an amber crackle vase I have with green streaks running through it.  I don't know, I'm not sure, but it doesn't feel right to me.
m

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2013, 09:15:51 AM »
hard to tell I know but here's a pic of the bulbous ridged bit between the foot and the bowl on my amber crackle vase with green streaks.
Mel you have a vase in this decor but a different shape.  How does your bubble vase compare weight wise etc with it?
In the second photo my pic is wonky not my bowl.
m

bfg

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2013, 10:05:41 AM »
morning m,

yes, Im boxing in the dark a bit until the book arrives and even then I may not be able to get a firm attribution by the sounds of it  ::)

think is cloudy enough outside to go and look for a back stamp though  ;D

ref. my amber green crackle glass vase.

the walls were thick, 4mm and for a 15cm tall vase it was heavy - 950g , past tense has since been rehomed but no bulbous ridged bit between foot and bowl

in comparison, the bowl in question has a rim thickness of 5mm, is 13cm tall and weighs about 900g

cheers, mel

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2013, 10:15:57 AM »
my amber crackle is approx rim thickness 4mm, 10.5cm in height weighs 920gms, diameter at rim 16.5cm.

What size is your green vase Mel and how much does it weigh by comparison?
m

bfg

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2013, 10:43:59 AM »
those two crackles have to have the same parentage don't you think m? if only we knew who.

in comparison, the bowl in question has a rim thickness of 5mm, is 13cm tall and weighs about 900g

cheers, mel

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand