No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Would like identification please? - ID=Jiři Zejmon, Rudolfova Hut  (Read 4074 times)

Offline suzi99

• Members
Hi I picked this up the other day I thought it was a rather stylish piece of glass but would like an id if possible.  It stands just under 9 inches tall & is quite a heavy piece.  Each square glass panel is of textured glass.  I thought it looked groovy anyway  :D

Offline David555

• Members
Would like identification please?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2006, 12:19:17 AM »
I think your piece is great - I love the 'whacky brickwork' modernist surface moulding.

It looks at first like Ruda, especially the way the surface structure goes off kilter and is uneven. I don't think it is Ruda though; I have looked at a fair few examples and can't see anything to compare it to.

Is it very heavy with thick walls, does it have a deep base well, any chance of a photo of the base, and perhaps the whole item from top to bottom?, as I can only see a mid section really.

My guess is Czech, one of the factories under the Sklo Union c1960/70 (could also be Oberglas or Fidenza Italy) - Marcus is the best person to ask about this piece unless anyone else has info.

Thanks

Adam P
David is my Father's name, 555 is the number of man ('The Pixies'), but please call me ADAM P.

Offline suzi99

• Members
Re Vase
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2006, 12:39:16 AM »
Thanks for your response I have taken a better pic.  It does have heavy glass walls & yes the heavy glass base is quite thick around 1 & 1/2 inches.  The base actually starts half way through the bottom square.  Perhaps this picture will be of more help.

Offline paradisetrader

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2006, 03:28:22 PM »
not Ruda IMHO
poss Sklo Union - pic of base needed
Pete

Offline David555

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2006, 01:46:59 AM »
Peter is right, not Ruda.

I can see now that there are no abstract protrusions; it is a brick pattern vase with deep moulding, each brick being textured. The deep well base suggests Czech c1960s. I would say a factory under Sklo and perhaps a good designer as it is a fine piece, very industrial.

As far as factory or designer - I am just a beginner. Peter or Marcus will know more.

My closest stab would be a designer at Rosice (Sklo), perhaps V Urban himself. My only evidence is very weak, Urban loved the square or oblong shaped vase form. I think there will be many other designers I don't even know who designed the same, so please take that as passing comment only.

Thanks for letting us see it.

Adam P
David is my Father's name, 555 is the number of man ('The Pixies'), but please call me ADAM P.

Offline suzi99

• Members
Thanks for the input
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2006, 09:06:57 AM »
Thanks for your opinion.  I'm really happy with this vase I really liked it immediately.  It's industrial design really appealed to me & it only cost me 1 dollar :-)  so it's always nice to get a bargain.

Sklounion

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2006, 06:33:06 AM »
Hi,
How did I miss this? My apologies.
Jiři Zejmon, Rudolfova Hut’ 1969, pattern numbers 13261/185 and 13261/220, depending on height.
CLS exhibition 1972, catalogue number 313, illustration number 77.
Regards,
Marcus

Offline suzi99

• Members
Re Maker
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2006, 08:57:19 AM »
Thanks Marcus I appreciate :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum