No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: help to id dog  (Read 4556 times)

Offline ejean9

• Members
help to id dog
« on: November 26, 2010, 06:44:55 PM »
Hi folks, this dog is rather sweet, the tongue and mane / collar ? are quite strange..i cant quite figure out what it is..lol..pics are not great should have took them against a white background..weight of 1000 grams ! approx 8 inch high and 7 inch wide..nice twisty tail..i think its a poodle ? Anyway..any ideas on who/why ect...thank you Jean.

Offline Lily of the Valley

• Members
Re: help to id dog
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 07:13:52 PM »
Hi, Jean. :hi:

Your little doggie is really cute!  I think the ears a bit too upright for a poodle; perhaps more terrier/chihuahua or the like.  If we have a "Name that Dog" contest, my choice would be Pickles .....  :pb:

Sorry I don't have any real info for you.  Like you, I am waiting for others to post.

Your little dog gave me a good smile today!

Thanks .... Lily  :sun:

Offline ejean9

• Members
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 07:19:53 PM »
Hi Lily
Its hard to see in the pic but the one side of his collar ? has a sticky out bit.Pickles sounds good to me..

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2010, 07:41:39 PM »
Does the "sticky out bit" have a hole in it?

Lily :)

Offline ejean9

• Members
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2010, 07:58:21 PM »
no hole Lily..it defo looks like a bow tie of some kind..have added another pic closer up to see if that helps.

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2010, 11:42:44 PM »
????????

Could he/she be a Circus Dog?  click HERE

You know one of those ruffled things around its neck -- like in the above pic.  Maybe that is the type of Dog it is suppose to be to - ears standing up....as quite often those types of Dogs are Circus Dogs.

Just guessing here....sounds good "Pickles the Circus Dog..."  :thup:
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

• Members
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2010, 12:13:54 AM »
I think you have the right idea, Rose! :rah:

The reason I asked about the hole in the collar came from the possibility "Pickles" may have been part of a 'family' (yes, baby Pickles ....  :chky: ) of three with little chain leashes connecting them.

Anita has taught me to look at feet.  However, I don't know enough to say anything more than Pickles does indeed have 'feet'.

By the way, is that a bit of white on Pickles' back?

Lily  :hi:

Offline ejean9

• Members
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2010, 08:39:00 AM »
could well be a circus dog. :rah:.no white mark on back that was a pice of tissue paper..pickles the circus dog sounds good..would you like a close up of the feet ?

• Members
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2010, 10:10:31 PM »
Unfortunately, any additional photos right now would be for my own enjoyment rather than further help for you (from me :'( ).  I feel certain Anita will check in when she is able.

Lily  :)

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2010, 10:44:48 PM »
I'm never much help with this kind of dog. I'm torn on this one. It has the egg yolk eyes that are like some of the older Murano dogs of unknown parentage. But it legs and body remind me of some of the ICET dogs. I'm not sure which this is.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand