No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: 1941 Brockwitz vase pattern 6911/16  (Read 4561 times)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
1941 Brockwitz vase pattern 6911/16
« on: March 13, 2011, 01:08:23 PM »
here for no other reason than I thought it attractive, and an opportunity to comment that without Pamela's Master Books it would have remained a mystery.   From the 1941 catalogue - pattern 6911/16 (showing as item 101 - 'vasen' 1b'  -  and at 16 cms. was the smaller of the two sizes.    Price appears to have been Reich Marks 55.-, and a lovely pastel shade of pale blue, which isn' apparent from the catalogue.    Intriguing how, when looking for something else, we get an id for other foregotten pieces.   Anyway, thanks to Pamela again. :)

Offline dirk.

• Members
Re: 1941 Brockwitz vase pattern 6911/16
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 01:43:45 PM »
No, I said you have a cute vase!   ;) :24:
"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others." - Groucho Marx

...working on it...
https://picasaweb.google.com/108140812446658939096

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 03:20:16 PM »
Isn't it a shame that we can't share our joke with the others Dirk ;D.       But seriously, funny how  -  although I hadn't looked at this piece for many months  -  the moment I saw it on Pamela's catalogue, it rang my bell.    Satisfying to get an id on something that had been hanging around - unknown - for a long time. :)   I'm just an incurable romantic  -   I close my eyes and see this piece, made in the midst of Europe's horrors, perhaps coming to England with someone fleeing or escaping  -  and then sitting quietly in an English suburban home thru the decades, and then being disposed of at a boot sale by a seller that knew nothing of its history - and letting it go without a second glance.    Must go before I get thrown off for being 'off subject'. :)

Offline dirk.

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 04:35:31 PM »
History and our thoughts about an item´s connections with it are part of the mystery of
collecting for me as well, wether glass related or not.
Just like you I always have certain fantasies about previous owners and their relation towards
the piece I´ve just brought home. And even further - I had the same thought as you today.
I bought a wonderful Myra vase and like the times, when I managed to get a lovely Ikora or
Wagenfeld VLG piece I thought: These were the darkest years in Germany and yet they produced
some of their greatest designs in glass ever... (no emoticon to fit)
"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others." - Groucho Marx

...working on it...
https://picasaweb.google.com/108140812446658939096

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2011, 11:19:50 PM »
What lovely boys you both are..........after all!!  :sun:

Sometimes my thoughts are more on the 'how on earth can you part with something so lovely' level,  but I do wonder about the history of a piece....an incomplete trinket set for instance....did a maid break a piece and get fined 3d from her wages to pay for it???? Fanciful eh? But I have to say, my thoughts hadn't gone as deep as yours and Dirks....food for thought indeed. They will now though.

Paul, did you find the ID for this pretty little blue vase whilst trying to find the ID for the green bowl??
I'm still searching for the ID for the peachy-pink bowl with the hot worked rim, and the green fan shaped vase.....I never give up!! :usd:
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2011, 02:19:08 PM »
rosie  -  my apologies for the late reply  -  and the answer to your question is yes, I found the origins of this pale blue vase whilst looking for a match re the green pressed bowl.     Unfortunately, I still haven't found an id for the bowl.       Pleased to hear that you are still on the trail of the peachy-pink bowl, and the wheatsheaf shaped vase -  although you must not, of course, neglect your family in favour of these pieces :)    your perseverence reminds me of the motto of the Canadian Mounted Police  -  something like  "we always get our man"  -  I think.............or was it .......Rose Marie, I Love You ;)

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2011, 02:59:51 PM »
I would never neglect anyone Paul. ;)
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand