No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Heavy cased textured red vase signed JG 3087 - ID = Ingrid Glass  (Read 1710 times)

Offline beckslayer

• Members
Heavy cased textured red vase signed JG 3087 - ID = Ingrid Glass
« on: November 30, 2010, 10:44:24 PM »
Hi

Looking for any help with this vase, its not in my normal area of collecting but i couldn't resist it. I've look around on the web and can't find it. It is exceptionally thick and heavy and has a lovely leaf like texture, very whitefriars-ish in concept/copy. It has been signed "JG 3087" on the base, i can't get this clearly on a photo. the only JG i can come up with is Jan Gabrhel but i'm not seeing this as his?. If any one has any idea i would be very grateful.

Many thanks Becky

Offline dirk.

• Members
Re: Heavy cased textured red vase signed JG 3087
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 10:50:59 PM »
Hi Becky!
It's a large continental I, so it's IG - Ingrid-Glas. These vases have been made in the 70's.
Cheers,
Dirk
"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others." - Groucho Marx

...working on it...
https://picasaweb.google.com/108140812446658939096

Offline beckslayer

• Members
Re: Heavy cased textured red vase signed JG 3087
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 11:05:53 PM »
wow that was super speedy thanks for that, ive been scratching my head furiously thinking what the heck JG was lol

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand