No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Hand Signed Glass Angel - ID = Shirley Elford, Canada  (Read 15385 times)

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
Re: Hand Signed Glass Angel - ID = Shirley Elford, Canada
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2011, 06:46:35 PM »
Hello Anne,  yes very sad and thank you for responding, and for adding it to the Glass News link.
I did send a message about how the lovely Angel had found me, rather than me finding the Angel, but so far I haven't found it on the list of contributors, so I'm not sure if it ever got there.....I thought I would try again though and add a picture of my Angel as I think with her Chakra colours, she is so beautiful, and I have her in my Therapy room.....everyone comments on her.
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2011, 10:37:19 AM »
This lovely Angel has been so special to me and so I read with great sadness that Shirley Elford, her maker, passed away earlier this month.

An announcement was made here:

http://www.thespec.com/news/local/article/624983--public-visitation-for-shirley-elford

An amazing glass artist and one who drew so many people to her. Now pain free and at peace.

I will always be grateful to you Rose for identifying her Angel for me..... a million hugs to you.

I make no apologies for showing the picture of my Angel again.

So Sorry to here that she has passed away.                  + RIP +

Yes make sure you let them know you are an owner of one of her Angels, since they are looking for that info.

You should try to *secure* yourself another angel (so you have a Pair) there from this Great Glass maker that was a Lady.  I hope  :X: that you are able to find another in support of her, and to add to your collection.

Keep us informed!   

Again +RIP+ Shirley Elford, Glass Maker
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2012, 06:39:29 PM »
Please will you all look at this link :

http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,45695.0.html

I can't cope with how I feel about breaking this lovely Angel....I need all the help from you all that I can get.
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand