No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Please help us identify our blue over white cased (overlay) glass vase with ribs  (Read 622 times)

Offline Mitchell8

• Members
My wife and I have acquired a beautiful glass vase that we have hit a wall in regard to identifying it.

We believe that it has some attributes similar to Fenton, however the lack of ruffles on the edge has guided us
in a multitude of different paths looking for other options.

The vase has no markings that we can see other than the ponytail.

Any information you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

We have, and would be happy to take more pictures if it will help.

Thank you,

R & C

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Hi R&C and welcome to the board  :fc:

Vases like this have been made in various places and this particular one could have originated in any of them. But some are more probable than others.

The most likely is Empoli, near Florence. They have made hundreds of different models of "opalino" (= colour cased milk glass) vases. The treatment of the foot, and the applied handles makes the probability even greater.

With lesser probability your vase could also be Belgian, Swedish, Chinese or Fenton.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Mitchell8

• Members
Thank you so much for the information.
I will research down that path.

R.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum