No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: New to forum .. question about Beatty rib pattern  (Read 6625 times)

Offline popsmcchicken

• Members
Opalescent Price Guide
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2006, 04:04:26 PM »
Hello Again Butchiedog,

I'm not trying to be obtuse here, but the link that you posted yourself (http://home.gwi.net/~inventor/) has all the info that you are asking for; i.e., name, links to main page, etc.  Believe me, I have no interest one way or the other whether or not anyone uses the Web Site, but I do think your criticisms are a bit unfair.  On the other hand, I suppose if one did not know the name of Bill Banks, or his retutation in the field, he could possibly view the Web Site with a jaded eye.  Let's just agree to disagree on this one.   :D
Pops McChicken

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline butchiedog

• Members
New to forum .. question about Beatty rib pattern
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2006, 07:36:55 PM »
popsmcchicken,

I don't know about anyone else, but one saying what they think is in no way obtuse to me, so no problem.

My criticisms are shared by others who I showed the link to before forming my own and some of them are esteemed glass book authors themselves, who will gladly share information for free, rather than only try to sell it to you. If I was unfair in any way it was unintentional, but playing it safe and watching out for internet scams is much more important to me than some stranger's website.

Also;  no need to agree about disagreeing either, since I do not disagree with your opinion. I just have my own extra ideas and thoughts added to the same opinion is all.

Mike

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline ainventor

• Author
  • Members
    • http://www.classicalglassstore.com
A J Beatty and Sons
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2006, 04:02:43 AM »
A J Beatty and Sons pattern has been reproduced by Fenton.  Not all the shapes have been reproduced.  The covered Sugar is one shape:  Ref:  Fenton the Second 25 years, page 50, item 340. Oh, and my website is not a fraud as some people would lead you to believe.

Bill Banks

http://home.gwi.net/~inventor/download.html

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2006, 06:43:20 AM »
Hello Bill Welcome to the GMB. We look forward to your help with our unknown pieces.

Offline Ron

• Members
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2006, 10:18:52 AM »
A J Beatty and Sons pattern has been reproduced by Fenton.

Which one? Beatty Rib, Swirl or Honeycomb?

Offline ainventor

• Author
  • Members
    • http://www.classicalglassstore.com
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2006, 11:03:53 AM »
Beatty Rib.  Sorry

Connie

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2006, 11:27:46 AM »
The item pictured before it (339) is described as Waffle but is a variation of the  Beatty Honeycomb pattern.

However, both are pictured in solid milk glass not opalescent glass.

I think the real question is, did Fenton make these patterns in opalescent glass which could be confused with the original issues by Beatty?

In Fenton Compendium 1940-1979 on page 164, there is pictured a small group of Waffle pieces in Emerald Green Opalescent and Blue Opalescent.  The book says only a few pieces were made in 1960.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand