No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: EMCO 'Snake' - ID = Robert Eickholt  (Read 6567 times)

shugdens

EMCO 'Snake' - ID = Robert Eickholt
« on: December 12, 2010, 10:21:15 PM »
Hi, I've known of this site for a while but only just registered as I'm stuck...

I've just got hold of a high quality contemporary paperweight with a stunning cased 'snake' effect that I've never seen before.
The base is signed 'Eurhelt 1995-94 EMCO' the former part could be wrong but thats what it looks like.

I've added a photo from Photobucket as I cant upload here due to file size.

Many thanks if you can help.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline westred

• Members
  • Real Murano ONLY comes from Murano, Italy!
Re: EMCO 'Snake'
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 11:20:05 PM »
Hi shugdens,

I have owned several of his paperweights, so you're in luck!  This is most definitely a Robert Eickholt reptile series PW.  As far as I know he has just recently retired, but he has some Art Glass for sale at http://www.sapergalleries.com/Eickholt.html
I actually just read confirmation of his retirement, in the info at the top page of the gallery in the link I just gave you! 
  I would guess that if you searched in Google with the title:  Robert Eickholt reptile series paperweight..........you will probably see an example of your PW.........definitely something very close to it..

Good find!  He has some very interesting Art Glass!  Enjoy!    :hiclp:

westred......yea, ya betcha!

And God said, "Let the weights hold down the papers!"

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

shugdens

Re: EMCO 'Snake' - ID = Robert Eickholt
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 11:59:42 PM »
Many thanks I bought it with another unusual piece, a Bohemian Beranek signed apple which I have on Ebay at the moment. I bought the paperweight for my collection & hoped the apple would pay for both.
Many thanks for your help.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand