No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Frantisek Koudelka 'pineapple' vase for Prachen?  (Read 5968 times)

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
Frantisek Koudelka 'pineapple' vase for Prachen?
« on: December 22, 2010, 09:59:35 AM »
Hello,

I bought this 'nipply' vase, thinking it was definitely Frantisek Koudelka for Prachen glassworks.  The colours and shape look very much like 87285/12cm in Jindrich's Glasrevue 1970/12:  http://picasaweb.google.com/Jindra8526/Glasrevue197012?authkey=Gv1sRgCLPnj5fHoZmVgAE#5445158575948806754

My vase, however, is 16cm.  Also, it appears that the one in the Glasrevue has 6 'petals' whereas mine has only got 5.

Is my vase by Koudelka?  And is it pattern number 87285? 

Thank you!

Offline Wayne

• Members
    • 20th Century Glass
Re: Frantisek Koudelka 'pineapple' vase for Prachen?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 10:22:25 AM »
Hi Anik, nice find!  We should wait for one of the experts to confirm, but I'd say yes to Prachen.  Here's a couple of others from this range which seem to match up nicely:

Offline Jindra8526

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 10:23:42 AM »
No panic. Your piece is Koudelka, and it was made by Crystalex (Prachen). The CGR very rarely gives all produced sizes and patterns.
To attribute the pattern number exactly need access to pattern books of the relevant factory. To get complete pattern books for Crystalex is huge task for future for all of us, Czech/Czechoslovakian glass friends.

Jindrich
www.webareal.cz/ceskoslovenskesklo

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 10:43:08 AM »
Thank you Jindrich  :)  --  I'm so pleased to get your confirmation that it is a Koudelka vase.  I know that the glasrevue does not give all the sizes and pattern numbers, but I was going by what I had available to me.  I should stop making quick assumptions.   :pb:

And Wayne, thank you for sharing your photos.  I do like the tactile quality of these vases, although I don't really like the colours...  pink and yellow is not my favourite combination.  :-X

Offline dirk.

• Members
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 03:14:08 PM »
Only needed one of my hands for counting the petals. Seems mine´s got five, too.  :D
"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others." - Groucho Marx

...working on it...
https://picasaweb.google.com/108140812446658939096

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2010, 04:30:11 PM »
Only needed one of my hands for counting the petals. Seems mine´s got five, too.  :D

The question is, which hand???  :P

Dirk, thank you for sharing your picture as well.  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand