No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Pressed glass vase with an 'industrial' look... maker? ID = Brabec for Praha, Cz  (Read 2464 times)

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
Hello,

I've got a light honey coloured vase which boasts quite an original 'industrial' look.  It's got 7 'steps' on opposite sides and a shallow bird bath base.  I've searched Pamela's site, but haven't found anything remotely similar.  Has anybody got an idea of the maker?  

Thank you for looking.  :)

Offline astrid

• Members
    • Astrid's glass collection on Picasa
Re: Pressed glass vase with an 'industrial' look... maker?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 11:25:53 AM »
Nice piece, Anik. Czech or German 50s-80s would be my guess, perhaps early Polish, but more precise than that I can't speculate.

Dusan has one on his Picasa site as well under 'Tsjech pressglass', http://picasaweb.google.com/exat53/PreGlasTschechoslowakei#5159804739803654258,  but since he also has some pieces mixed in from other countries, like Poland, I don't count on that being accurate.

Astrid

Have a look at my collection online and see if you can set me straight on my identifications : http://picasaweb.google.nl/102861706167408125672

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 02:43:16 PM »
I don't think the vase is Czech. Polish has crossed my mind, however, in the year I've been observing all the glass on Allegro, I haven't seen another like it. If it were Polish, I think it would have seen it here more often.  But then again, you never know.  :)

Thank you for taking the time to respond, Astrid!  :kissy:

Offline Jindra8526

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 05:47:03 PM »
Naturaly this vase is Czech, designed by Jiri Brabec (*1.2. 1933 Praha, +3.2. 2005 Ivancice)
We found a proof about it in Brabec's house this summer. Me and my collegue and friend Max Velcovsky visited in July Mr. Brabec widow, take a look at pictures at the bottom of this site:
http://www.webareal.cz/ceskoslovenskesklo/14-AUTORI-DESIGNERS/94-Brabec-Jiri

As you can see, we have recieved plenty of documents and here bellow you can see also the Brabec collection given to Max by Mrs Brabec for the future
exhibition purposes.
http://picasaweb.google.com/Jindra8526/JiriBrabecPressedGlass?authkey=Gv1sRgCI6mrrqmjeHwngE#

GMB member and nice friend bOBA has helped me to tranlate my recent post at my website from my poor Czenglish to real English, I will please him to help me also to translate this article about Jiri Brabec - the silent great man.

Jindrich
www.webareal.cz/ceskoslovenskesklo

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2010, 06:41:06 PM »
OH MY!!!

Jindrich, I visit your website almost everyday, and I've even looked at your photos of the Jiri Brabec collection.  I don't know how my brain forgot what it's seen.   :spls:

Thank you for enlightening me.  :kissy:   I am very, very pleased!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand