No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Rueven USA  (Read 3501 times)

Offline adam20

• Members
    • Retro glass and ceramics
    • Scotland
Rueven USA
« on: October 18, 2012, 03:12:11 PM »
Bought for a few pounds this Rueven vase. Saw it posted on board re search and he (Robert Rueven Brown) still decorates glass. As said in previous thread I think they are blanks he paints, it says hand painted on label not hand made. It's very attractive anyway with lots of lustre, very thin glass though - delicate.

His website at http://www.ruevenartglass.com/index.html

Thanks Adam

Offline ahremck

• Members
Re: Rueven USA
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 11:47:14 PM »
Rather like Simron glass from Isreal - but bolder (nicer) colours.

Ross
I bamle all snileplg eorrrs on the Cpomuter Kyes.  They confuse my fingers !!!

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Re: Rueven USA
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 08:06:01 AM »
Not so.  There are several refineries in Israel who make this sort of acid dip or -spray glass, usually on bought blanks from Italy (Bormioli) or France (Arques). The largest is Ilanit glass, but Nahariya glass has also dabbled in acid, as has Reuven. Often these come with a retail label - which does not mean they made it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand