No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Dark blue (cobalt ?) bud vase , could it possibly be by Gullaskruf ?  (Read 7364 times)

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Re: Dark blue (cobalt ?) bud vase , could it possibly be by Gullaskruf ?
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2011, 07:12:50 AM »
I agree to either Elme or Empoli and tend toward the latter. The triangular shape with the long neck was popular in the sixties, Nason did a Corroso version of it. The colour is plain blue, but not cobalt.

Offline cjf

• Members
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2011, 07:42:06 AM »
Here are some Gullaskruf vases  :huh: I found at 20thC Glass . None of which have a triangular shape ....but some of the necks are similar .

http://www.20thcenturyglass.com/glass_encyclopedia/scandinavian_glass/gullaskruf_glass/gullaskrufglass_home.html

I would recommend against using this list for attributing Gullaskruf bud vases. I have collected Gullaskruf glass for quite some time now, and have about 20 Arthur Percy bud vases that I am sure of, but I would say that perhaps only one or two of these are actually from Gullaskruf. Not only are the proportions wrong, most of the colors shown on the page were never even used at Gullaskruf, so most of these are probably from one of the other glass works that produced similar vases (e.g. Ă…seda, Elme or perhaps Lindshammar).

As regards the triangular one, you see quite a lot of these in Sweden, and I believe that I have seen some with Elme labels.

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2011, 10:17:17 AM »
 :hi:
Hi cjf, can you tell me if I'm correct in thinking the Gullaskruf ones are the ones with rather narrow rims and an elegant, sweeping transition between the bottom and the neck, rather than a very round bottom with the neck sitting on top?
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline cjf

• Members
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2011, 07:19:42 PM »
Well, it is a bit difficult to put it into words, especially for a non native speaker, but in general terms I would agree. I would also hazard to guess that 99% of the bud vases produced at Gullaskruf was in one of their standard colors, which are those depicted below with the addition of clear and opaline glass.

Offline Baked_Beans

• Members
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2011, 09:04:37 PM »
Thanks very much everyone for all your help. I'm sorry I got a bit confused on this one . You have all been so helpful ! Ta, Mike.
Mike

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2011, 11:42:55 AM »
 :)
Thank-you very much, cjf.
That set of colours is very useful indeed.  :thup: :thup: :thup:

I'm now a little more in doubt about whether my broken (by copper lobster) one was Gullaskruf after all - it was the right shape, but it was a lovely olive green. I still miss it, no matter what it was. :cry:
Hey-ho.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand