No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Orrefors Head sculpture?  (Read 14806 times)

Offline 2*pleese*u

• Members
Re: Orrefors Head sculpture?
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2011, 09:41:34 AM »
Dear Daniel S. Yeah, It sure is, 11 pounds, 5.4 ounces. all of it solid glass. the dimensions are 6-3/4" tall (including the legs) and 7-3/4" from the chin to the top of the head and 6-1/2" wide. the main head portion is 4-3/4" thick all of it solid. In fact, there is not any hollow glass associated with it, the legs are solid as well. Tomorrow I have the day off and will try to send more pictures. Revising or resizing pictures is not no strong point but I did manage to down size the photos I have on now. I saw a message that said something about a load limit on picture size limits. Are you familiar with that? 500 KB? The pics I have on now range fron 240x240 Pixels? Michael.

Offline Daniel S

• Members
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2011, 10:33:46 AM »
send the pics to me unedited, full size.
daniel At sosantique DOT se

Mod: email address amended to confuse spam harvesters.
Always best to simply refer people to your email icon below your user details.

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2011, 01:23:29 PM »
eeeeeek! Daniel, I hope you don't mind, I'm going to ask a moderator to alter your post to disguise your address - you don't want to get phished!
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline Daniel S

• Members
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2011, 01:35:02 PM »
maybe a good idea, thank for the tip

Offline 2*pleese*u

• Members
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2011, 07:55:54 AM »
Dear Daniel, I have tried 4 times to send you an e-mail with larger pictures all failed, reason given was (unknown host can't find server) lets explore new options. Mike at 1-720-838-3177.

Offline 2*pleese*u

• Members
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2011, 03:33:32 PM »
Dear Daniel, I am glad you received my my e-mail finally with all those very clear pictures! Michael

Offline 2*pleese*u

• Members
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2011, 03:41:22 AM »
I was re-reading my replies, David, I would love to send you more pictures like I did for Daniel, Just say the word, or if you know Daniel well enough, ask him to forward them to you. this would be the safest way. Again, I really appreciate each and every input towards this item by everyone, even you Ivo. I am an honest and up front guy, I tell it like it is and do expect the same from my counterparts. Warm Regards Michael Branch.

Offline 2*pleese*u

• Members
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2011, 05:36:33 PM »
Hey all, Yesterday I received what may be the last response from the Orrefors glass Co. Kristina Sparr sent me an E-Mail that essentially said that they could not find a definite attribution for the sculpture but suggested two names of designers which could have produced the item. the two names that she mentioned, she said no longer work for Orrefors Glass Co. (Lars Hellsten) or (Jan Johansson). In my previous reply to her, I asked about the script signature and it being not diamond point. There was no rebuttal on that question but I have since found in my own research items online that are signed Orrefors in which the diamond point engraver was not used. these are notable items, so the question by IVO about the linage being suspect has been overcome at least from my perspective. here are three examples I found on E-Bay. there are other examples, I found on the web. 1. Lars Hellsten paperweight bowl item #110627627746. 2. Anne Nilsson Graal vase/bowl #380222328706. 3.Orrefors clear glass bull Item number 350429092228. Again another example of the block lettering with no curved flares to the ends of any individual lettering at www.antiquehelper.com/item362958 although this example was done in diamond point. It seems my research has hit an impasse for now, but I do believe this was made by the Orrefors glass Co. I do plan to resale the item soon as that is what I do, besides Carpentry. Michael.

Offline Daniel S

• Members
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2011, 10:02:54 AM »
sorry for a late reply.

The bull isn't even from Orrefors. For me the ORREFORS signature on your sculpture will always be fake. And as OF has confirmed, they don't have it on file.

Offline 2*pleese*u

• Members
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2011, 05:17:35 PM »
Dear Daniel, The E-Mails to me from Orrefors describe this item to be a heart sculpture made for a hospital and for a heart surgery unit convention. [edited] I never once said that this was part of the Orrefors normal production run. I never mention that this was produced by an employed Designer at Orrefors. My information is not pulled from thin air but is, and are from direct quotes from the responses back from Orrefors. the item was made at the Orrefors factory and that is factual. the item was produced using Orrefors infrastructure and talent that is factual.[edited] I doubt this Designer was a carpenter who carved her own mold, a gaffer, ect... the facts are that it was indeed made there even though it did not run the course of the normal production procedures such as a Design committee design number etc. The reason for this as I EXPLAIN in my description is that it was made by an outside Designer who was not employed by the company. It is a custom piece. You can certainly say that the signature is fake but [edited] it was indeed made at the factory and edited the infrastructure of the factory was not used to create the sculpture. [edited] Michael

Mod: Post edited to conform with GMB guidelines.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand