No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Lead Crystal Celery Vase Edwardian / Victorian ?  (Read 1040 times)

Offline luv2collect.com

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Art Deco and Crystal
    • United Kingdom
Lead Crystal Celery Vase Edwardian / Victorian ?
« on: November 03, 2012, 09:22:07 AM »
Need some help with this piece have owned for ages and its absolutely a joy to hold but would love to know who made it and when !

Anyone seen a pattern even similar to this before ? It weighs 1.5kg and is 21cm tall with a sawtooth rim and very thick base - the glass is also very thick at 1cm , i am guessing its a celery vase.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Re: Lead Crystal Celery Vase Edwardian / Victorian ?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 05:14:21 PM »
first thoughts are that it's not a celery - just something about the shape - at least I've never seen one from the period you mention that looked like that.              The cutting looks too fussy for that sort of age, and makes me think of Czechoslovakian or German perhaps from the 1930 - 40 period more - almost a deco style with those broad lined curves.       It does though give a slight nod towards the 'Brilliant Cut' appearance -and that was much earlier in the C20 - but I'm sure it's not of that ilk.           My opinion would be that it's a flower vase, and would agree attractive. :)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand