No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Barbini Glass snail  (Read 1896 times)

Offline davesand

• Members
Barbini Glass snail
« on: January 09, 2011, 12:19:55 AM »
I have a glass snail that measures approx 10 inches long and 4 inches tall and 4 inches wide. On the bottom it is engraved with what looks like Barbini Murano and the number 25. Can you provide any information on this glass snail?

Walter (Dave) Sanders

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
Re: Barbini Glass snail
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 04:41:39 AM »
You didn't say, but the snail is probably clear glass? and is made from a single mass of glass formed into a large snail. These snails were made sometime in the late 1970s or later. I haven't seen one with a number before. I've never owned one of these. I've only seen them in pictures. I located a couple online by googling Barbini snail. The two line signature is of the type used in the 1970s. I'm not sure when Barbini stopped using this signature. The plastic label is of the type used 1970s and later. From the appearance of the snail, I would guess it is late 70s-early 80s.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline davesand

• Members
Re: Barbini Glass snail
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 08:14:30 PM »
Anita,

Yes it is clear one piece glass.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia