No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Venetian Glass Bowl with Handle  (Read 3023 times)

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
Venetian Glass Bowl with Handle
« on: January 03, 2011, 03:44:49 AM »
 :hi: One of my Xmas Gifts here.

A blue glass bowl about 7 inches wide and about 3.5 inches tall.  Kinda of a Robin Egg blue swirl glass.  There are bits of Gold Flakes in it.  It does have a partial label on it.  What I can see says:  GENUINE VENETIAN MADE IN ITALY.  Not sure what the whole label would have said.  Looked in the gallery but did not see this exact one (either that or I am blind, or still drunk from the New Year....LOL....actually just kidding on that one, not that type...lol).  Took photos with both the Flash, and w/o the flash.....

Anyways (once again) it is a Red and Silver Foil label.  Would this be from the 60's era?  Is it Generic Murano?  What did the whole label say?  Maker/age? 

I like a *glassy Xmas*.....

Thanks all  :kissy:
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
Re: Venetian Glass Bowl with Handle
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 01:55:38 PM »
Hi, Rose. It looks like the glass fairy was good to you this Christmas. I've always though this type of glass was very pretty. There are bowls and ashtrays made with this type of filigrana. All are pretty. I've never been able to figure out who made them. It is a great present to receive.

Happy new year!
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 05:58:02 AM »
Hi, Rose. It looks like the glass fairy was good to you this Christmas. I've always though this type of glass was very pretty. There are bowls and ashtrays made with this type of filigrana. All are pretty. I've never been able to figure out who made them. It is a great present to receive.

Happy new year!

Thanks TxSilver:

So I guess the label still does not help us here... :'( 

What year would you think?  Thanks  :kissy: :kissy:

Offline ardy

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 09:15:07 AM »
I have a bowl in the very similar style and look. It had a AVEM label on it. Just goes to show that most items were copied from maker to maker.

Happy New Year everybody.
Clean and Crisp a Murano twist.
Archimede tops my list.

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 02:59:34 AM »
I have the same piece in pink with that "Genuine Venetian Glass" on it. I'd be very surprised if it were AVeM. It's also got the importer's label on it "I.& E. D." I'd forgotten about that label. Anybody have any idea of who "I" is?  

Rose, is your piece fairly light, as mine is? My thought is that the piece is 60's, perhaps 70's.

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 03:03:39 AM »
I have the same piece in pink with that "Genuine Venetian Glass" on it. I'd be very surprised if it were AVeM. It's also got the importer's label on it "I.& E. D." I'd forgotten about that label. Anybody have any idea of who "I" is?  

Rose, is your piece fairly light, as mine is? My thought is that the piece is 60's, perhaps 70's.

David

Hi:
Yes it is.  Not heavy and chunky like other Murano.  Lighter than most I have here. 

I have seen that same label as you have on another piece (just like this too, bowl with handle).  Not sure what it stands for either --- but I hunt around to see if I can find that pic I saw.....

Talk to you later.... :wsh:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand