No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Mystery Depression Glass ID = Jeannette Glass No. 516  (Read 3579 times)

Offline Judith E. Glomb

• Members
Mystery Depression Glass ID = Jeannette Glass No. 516
« on: January 06, 2006, 04:37:40 PM »
Hello -- Haven't been on the board for a while -- too busy with the holidays, etc.  I need some expert help on a green depression glass tumbler -- it is footed and has a handle (a beer mug maybe?).  I thought it might be the Victory pattern, but was told that it is not.  This is an old piece -- it's been in my family for over 40 years.  Can someone please help me i.d. this piece? :P

http://img479.imageshack.us/img479/4301/victoryhandledtumbler1edited10.jpg
http://img479.imageshack.us/img479/6302/victoryhandledtumbler29zf.jpg
udi

Offline AlmasAttic

• Members
    • Remtique
Mystery Depression Glass
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 09:22:36 PM »
could it be the 12oz Pillar Optic handled mug?

Gene Florence lists the piece as part of this pattern but doesnt picture it so I cant check to be sure

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Mystery Depression Glass
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2006, 09:59:57 PM »
I don't think it is Pillar Optic. My Gene Florence shows a 12 oz Pillar Optic mug but it has no foot, in addition the pillars seems to be almost the full depth of all items, only a small band at the top rather than a very deep top band as on your mug.

Offline Judith E. Glomb

• Members
Mystery Depression Glass
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2006, 01:43:18 AM »
Hi guys and thanks for your interest and input.  I have gotten some guesses that this is a Jeannette mug -- pattern number only -- can't look it up in my books because they are indexed by pattern (and now my husband must have moved the tablet where I had the patern # noted). :evil:   What a foolish game we play :wink: !!!  If I find the number, will send another note!

Thanks
Judi
udi

Connie

Mystery Depression Glass
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2006, 02:10:16 AM »
Judi - with your tip, I found your mug.

Jeannette Glass No. 516 - 16 oz mug.  It came in pink and green.  It is pictured in Colored Glassware of the Depression Era 2 by Hazel Marie Weatherman in an old Jeannette catalog reprint.

Offline Judith E. Glomb

• Members
Mystery Depression Glass
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2006, 03:38:14 PM »
Thank you. Thank you. :P   I have that book and skimmed right over the picture of my mug. :oops:

I appreciate your help.

Judi
udi

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand