No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Murano Sommerso Uranium Vase?  (Read 8360 times)

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
Re: Murano Sommerso Uranium Vase?
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2011, 07:25:08 AM »
I'd say Murano. My reluctance to label anything Poli is that I've never seen a reliable, i.e. a decent book or reputable auction house, attribute anything like these ashtrays or the original vase in this thread to Poli. 

This is the the year that the book Seguso Vetri D'Arte, "the complete catalogue since 1933" by Heiremans is supposed to appear. That should settle some of the arguments.

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline kane_u_pain

• Members
  • I don't prood read or spell check!
    • SVdA, Japanese Glass
    • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2011, 08:16:54 AM »
Just done a Flavio Poli hit on ebay. Serach results 95 described as Flavio Poli. In my opinion on 2-3 may have been designed by him. I didn't include the one that was by him.

I would describe that bowl as Murano. I would not add a name to it as no label is attached.

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2011, 02:50:33 PM »
I am more inclined toward Cenedese or G. Ferro for the bowl, though like you, Kane, I wouldn't have tried to attribute it without some documentation. It looks like uranium glass on the outside.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

shugdens

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2011, 02:38:29 AM »
the other Murano from that job lot was this one, i realy thought it was seguso.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350424673600&ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT

Offline tam bam

• Members
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2011, 07:47:20 PM »
Shugdens, the 2nd link you show is probably Ferro too, but I am not going to bet my money on it not unless I could examine it in my hands. 

I too am ready for the SVdA book to come out.  It will help me solve some mysteries of my own.  I have two pieces that I have questions about.

shugdens

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2011, 08:42:31 PM »
Shugdens, the 2nd link you show is probably Ferro too, but I am not going to bet my money on it not unless I could examine it in my hands. 

I too am ready for the SVdA book to come out.  It will help me solve some mysteries of my own.  I have two pieces that I have questions about.

I'm about to list two more but just have them as Murano or Bohemian, I think the Cerbska but going to let them find there own price & people make there own mind up today.
There from the job lot I bought as Venitian before xmas.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand