No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Archimede Seguso Lamp Base...  (Read 5954 times)

Offline kane_u_pain

• Members
  • I don't prood read or spell check!
    • SVdA, Japanese Glass
    • Sydney, Australia
Archimede Seguso Lamp Base...
« on: January 09, 2011, 06:17:28 AM »
Bought this a few weeks ago and am I extremely happy. It has 3 labels on it, but only 2 are readable. It has the Archimede Seguso Murano Made In Italy label along with the Made In Italy label on the bottom, plus another label which is completely gone. I will put my own photo's up in the next week or so once i can photograph it properly. Clear glass and me for camera op's are not good!  ;D

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280600446303&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I have been waiting a few years to get an example like this! It has finally arrived... :chky:

shugdens

Re: Archimede Seguso Lamp Base...
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 07:12:27 AM »
Eeeek I once sold a purple one of these for £15...

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 11:31:00 AM »
I've sold one for about £25 about 2 years ago.  I don't think they're that unusual, but perhaps the sticker created more interest?  Or...perhaps the Murano market's gone up recently?

I am not a man

shugdens

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 01:46:45 AM »
I've sold one for about £25 about 2 years ago.  I don't think they're that unusual, but perhaps the sticker created more interest?  Or...perhaps the Murano market's gone up recently?

Seguso seems to be getting a lot of intrest at the moment, I've seen those lamps at buy nows between £60-120 on Ebay.

The stickers do give it the'x factor'

What would you value a Sevres lamp base at?

Offline kane_u_pain

• Members
    • SVdA, Japanese Glass
    • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 06:57:51 AM »
I've sold one for about £25 about 2 years ago.  I don't think they're that unusual, but perhaps the sticker created more interest?  Or...perhaps the Murano market's gone up recently?

Definitely very common but I have been holding out till a labeled piece popped up. And it had more than 1 label!  ;D

As always, the aussie market is a lot different to the overseas market. I thought this would go for a little bit more, but thankfully for xmas, most people were spending money elsewhere so I think I got a bit of a bargain on this.

shugdens

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 07:23:46 PM »
Alot of my art deco glass goes to Australia.

I got a beautiful Czech lamp base this morning along with another huge job lot of intresting glass  ;D

Offline tam bam

• Members
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011, 07:36:01 PM »
Great lamp, Pain!!  There is nothing like the feeling you get when you buy something you have been wanting and longing for so long.  I too understand the feeling.  It is exciting to say the least.  Congrats to you!!!

I was just looking at a Merletto vase by Archimede on the Glass Discussion Forum on Facebook.  The person who owns it said he found it at a flea market. Can you believe it, A FLEA MARKET?! I was blown away by it's beauty and the fact that the owner found it a flea market, like it was a piece of junk.  I would have fainted if I found something like that at a flea market. 

tam bam

shugdens

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2011, 08:28:37 PM »
Great lamp, Pain!!  There is nothing like the feeling you get when you buy something you have been wanting and longing for so long.  I too understand the feeling.  It is exciting to say the least.  Congrats to you!!!

I was just looking at a Merletto vase by Archimede on the Glass Discussion Forum on Facebook.  The person who owns it said he found it at a flea market. Can you believe it, A FLEA MARKET?! I was blown away by it's beauty and the fact that the owner found it a flea market, like it was a piece of junk.  I would have fainted if I found something like that at a flea market. 

tam bam
You wouldnt beleve where i find glass & ceramics & how much I pay. I've payed single figures for four figure items.
i dont mind passing items on to collectors & other dealers at trade prices if I've had a good deal.

Offline tam bam

• Members
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2011, 09:09:53 PM »
I sure wish I could live where you are Shugdens.  Where I live you are lucky to stumble across a generic piece of Murano and usually (if the person knows what it is) they want a lot for it because it is "Murano".  I saw a generic ashtray in an antique shop and they wanted $45 for it.  I looked at the lady and said any lower and she said no because it is Murano.  I wanted to laugh myself out the door. 

tam bam

Offline kane_u_pain

• Members
    • SVdA, Japanese Glass
    • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2011, 06:19:30 AM »
Sometimes patience and persistence pays off! It is slim picking here as well. It is very rare to find a really good piece at the flea markets.  >:(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand