No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Archimede Seguso Lamp Base...  (Read 5961 times)

Offline ardy

• Members
Re: Archimede Seguso Lamp Base...
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2011, 07:47:05 AM »
It seems that Australia is having a love affair with Murano. I was looking at the highest bids and most watched and Australia figured in the top 10. For a country who's GDP is 1% of the worlds it seems amazing to me.

Pity you didn't see the dolphins it was the best piece of Murano I have seen on ebay.au along with the SVDA 5 geese taking off from a pond (1.5m x 1m) and he was trying to sell it for $2000, worth every penny but I have nowhere to put it.

What is the best piece that you could afford that you didn't buy?
Clean and Crisp a Murano twist.
Archimede tops my list.

Offline kane_u_pain

• Members
  • I don't prood read or spell check!
    • SVdA, Japanese Glass
    • Sydney, Australia
Re: Archimede Seguso Lamp Base...
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2011, 02:26:15 AM »
I think we love the good quality pieces and will pay top price to have them. Well I would!

I have passed on a few things over the years. 2 x Orientes vase by Dino Martens. Mainly because I wasn't happy with the shapes but they would have made a good investment. If I remember correctly one sold for 900 euros and the other for about 1500 euros. Definitley a lot cheaper on ebay than through a good auction house.

I am still sore at losing out on a Loetz piece about a year ago when my internet connection died 30 secs before the end! It sold for $900. I should have bidded my highest amount a bit earlier!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand